Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SpeyJourney is a learning platform, a path to master flyfishing... Simon Hsieh, Greg Bencivenga and other well qualified casting instructors will be available to answer/help your casting questions. Everyone is welcome.....

Also, we will have a good selection of spey lines and rods for trial.

Schedule:
1st Saturday of month - Ben Howard boat launch, Skykomish River, WA
2nd Saturday of month - Portland Casting Pond, OR
3rd Saturday of month - Ben Howard boat launch, Skykomish River, WA
4th Saturday of month - Clackamas River, OR (just below 205 bridge on river left)

Please note:
. The first gathering will start April 25 at Clackamas River, OR
. There will be a refreshment/snack time at the end. So feel free to bring an extra to share your friends.
. The recurring event will be canceled when it conflicts with other major event, ie. MY Clave, SOR, Sandy Clave ...

For more information, please visit speyjourney website.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,506 Posts
Simon,

Will you have a full set of demo lines available. I'm wanting to try a 6/7 FF 70 on one of my rods.

Tip

·
Kyle Eski
9 Posts
Is this free to attend? I would love to bring my Dad to this as soon as I get his new Spey rod built. The Skykomish meet is the 2nd and 9th of May? Or June?

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,506 Posts
I wasn't there for long but a good turnout and lots of fun casting today. Thanks Greg for bringing the FF70 6/7 for me to try. Good seeing you, Simon, Brian, Kevin, Steelieaddict and others.

Thanks also to the gentleman that handed me his 8152 to try. It was everything I had heard about it!

The only down side to the morning was it cost me money. :lildevl:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Degenerate caster
1,180 Posts
I'll be celebrating 4th of July at Ben Howard tomorrow, ill of course have a bunch of lines.

·
Degenerate caster
1,180 Posts
Just to let everyone know we are not having a Sat event this weekend as we will be fishing.

Also August events will be pretty limited as there's a lot of claves and a competition.

·
Degenerate caster
1,180 Posts
We won't be doing a get together this weekend as I'm building the course for the upcoming rose city invitational.

Suggest will be limited as well as we're attending a lot of events that month

·
Degenerate caster
1,180 Posts
Just to let everyone know we'll be at Ben Howard this Saturday

1 - 20 of 35 Posts