Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Speyfair 2007 is free of charge and open to everyone. If you want to attend, just join us for a day or the weekend. If you are spey fishing vendor and would to show off your wares, email me, and I will make rooms for you too.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Any more info on this (or links if I missed it?)? I googled Carnation and see it's near Redmond so not a long run for me and could be a fun weekend. Is it a full 2 day affair? Could be a good truck camping event for me. Maybe I'll draft Ian southward:hihi:

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Whats Up

Still getting caught up from the computer outage.
Lost all data and most of three years of work.
All the plans for Speyfair went also.
Looks like it will be a smaller group of presenters this year.
Do not have final yet having to try to contact some over but am working on it.
Will try to make final post by the end of the week.

·
JD
3,607 Posts
On rhe way

Leaving Smithers Tuesday. A couple of days R&R at Harrison Hot Springs. Should put us there sometime Friday. Wil call and make a rservation as soon as I get somewhere where the phone works.

·
Spey junkie!
158 Posts
Ready to cast!

Looking forward to it! Will probably only make one day, unless it stops raining as much as it has, but I'll be there!

Bill :smokin:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Speyfair is going to have different venue this year. Keeping with suggestions of the patrons of the previous Speyfairs, we are going to run the presentations at the same time as the distance casting so we can provide a more diverse program. It will be more users-friendly. We will need a couple of people to help Friday with the course set up and other small items throughout the weekend.

Presenters
Mike Kinney: Wisdom of Speycasting
Brian Styskal: Long belly cast tuning
Charles St. Pierre: The Rio AFS head and Skagit Casting
Dan McCrimmon: Maximizing Your Cast. Using the new "Unified Theory of Fly Casting" to optimize your cast and reduce the amount of effort needed for good distance and comfortable fishing.
We still have a couple of others that may make it.

Schedule of events

Friday
Set up distance casting course.
Practice distance casting and start to qualify only if there is enough caster to warrant.

Saturday
Demo Casting starting @ 10:00
Distance casting
Lunch: BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs available to purchase. Pre-order for Sunday's cold bag lunch.
Cast around and instruction
Distance casting

Sunday
Demo Casting starting @ 10:00
Distance casting
Lunch: Cold bag lunch
Distance casting finals

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Gate Closes at 8:00

As always Speyfair is Free event.
We will have hot dogs and Hamburgers with donations going to the Speed of Light Foundation.
We are going to have rod Sierra, Zpey, Sage, TFO, Burkheimer, CND, Winston, Meiser , Orvis and more.
We will have a variety of lines and of course lot of Instructors from the Speyclan.
So come out and play with us

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
I wish I could attend. I've always thought Aaron's Speyfair was a great event.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts