Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale is a 4" Speyco Skagit reel with exposed rim for palming. Small scratch near the centre screw as seen in the last photo, otherwise, like new. Line not included. $325 plus actual shipping costs from Canada.

Attachments

·
Lucky Bastard
683 Posts
You are correct Fred.I have its twin.My first Speyco.I picked up a Switch reel a couple of weeks ago.Black,silver,with a snake handle.Landed my first fish with it a couple of days ago.A sweet 12-15 Lbs fresh male.

Scott

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Ah Hell, there are times you just gotta do what U gotta do.

If the reel is not already spoken for, I'll take it. :saeek:

"Come to me my Presuss! (Bad spelling intended.)

I don't do PayPal so it's either a personal cheque or I can hit the bank for a cashier's. Anyway, I'll PM you in a moment.

Fred

For what ever its worth I'm an ex-pat Canadian. Born/raised in Manitoba, lived in BC for many of my 'formative years.' Took a long time after Mom and I moved to Washington State to get the teachers to know how to properly spell some words. Gas? EXCUSE ME=Petrol. Color? Excuse Me=Colour, as store/shop+ excuse me=Shoppe, I won't go on.

To this day I still have the Canadian version of the Webster's Dictionary behind me on the Cadenza.
;>)

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
And I suppose ill have to pry this out of your cold fingers when I find my ACR huh?

haha, i saw this today and thought hmm, this would go nice on a 13ft 7wt...

first things first.

very sexy reel

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
You got that right Buddy!

Have several of Tim's reels, and you are buying a 'one off.'Well, someone else could order up a similar reel. Tim's reels will be around and in use 100 years from now. Seriously, I kid you not. Have them from 3wt to Tarpon size and you could (you won't) pound nails with these things.

These are not your GrandMother's reels; these are "Hell bent for stout."
fae

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
oh don;t i know it Fred.

When i started this spey game, I first lusted for a Burkie with a Speyco. Now I'm hoping for the Southern Oregon system. Speyco and ACR. Much like you it seems. Geez i love nice gear. makes the day so much more pleasant.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Speyco

Here is one on Tims reel this morning. You won't be disappointed, and he has been great to deal with.
Dan

·
Registered
748 Posts
I believe this model...with the ability to apply drag to the face plate and that beautiful looking pawl and tension spring (how does it sound?) might be the nicest looking and the most appealing, at least to my eye, of any of the Speyco's I've seen. I have a different model myself but this one comes closest to the Hardy Perfects I had some years ago. Now all Tim needs to do is add a ruby red agate line guard.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Oh Soooo Yes!

Babies home with his Foster Parent. Got every Pennies worth on this sale.:D

Only thing I've got to figure out is the reel seems to be set up for a left hand wind and I do everything 'right.' Suggestions Mike?

Fred

Edit: Which reminds me I need to order up a couple hundred yards of 30# backing, etc. This is one very big reel; it will suck up anything you'd throw at same.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
I believe this model...with the ability to apply drag to the face plate and that beautiful looking pawl and tension spring (how does it sound?) might be the nicest looking and the most appealing, at least to my eye, of any of the Speyco's I've seen. I have a different model myself but this one comes closest to the Hardy Perfects I had some years ago. Now all Tim needs to do is add a ruby red agate line guard.
Just spinning the handle ... think a loud Hardy. Hot fish and you'll hear this thing 40 yards away. Love the "Ruby red agate line guard" idea. I'd be sooo into that idea.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Babies home with his Foster Parent. Got every Pennies worth on this sale.:D

Only thing I've got to figure out is the reel seems to be set up for a left hand wind and I do everything 'right.' Suggestions Mike?

Fred

Edit: Which reminds me I need to order up a couple hundred yards of 30# backing, etc. This is one very big reel; it will suck up anything you'd throw at same.
Fred, glad the reel is working out well for you. From what I remember, you just take out the screw/nut on the inside and move it to the hole on the other side of the ring. It was originally right hand retrieve and I converted to left. I originally didn't know how to convert either but once I figured it out, it was really easy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts