Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
adjust

Is the drag adjustment shown on the Speyco site? I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes it's adjustable but not in the sense that it can be easily done river side. It takes some tools and adjustment of small parts that would be best done at home or motel/campsite. The day I received mine i took a picture of the drag setting it came with so i could reproduce it and then i just explored with different settings and tinkered with it a bit to learn the ins and outs of the guts. I ended up finding a setting that I liked and it was different than what it came with. It is a super fun real and I really enjoy mine a lot.

·
Administrator
2,452 Posts
Speyco Hexad Drag Adjustment

The adjustment is not difficult. Have had a few of my reels open to either change drag tension or convert from RHW to LHW. Here's a picture that should be representative of your reel. The adjustment is made by simply "disengaging" one or more of the springs. See the "OFF" position. If I'm going to disengage two springs, I'd personally do opposing springs. For change of retrieve direction it is just a matter of flipping each of the springs in the opposite direction. the ex nut on the spring post centers the spring and does not need to be "reefed" on. Just snug it. Also make sure to put the "tag end" of the spring under the o ring when replacing it. You'll see what I'm referring to when you open your reel. Also visible in the picture. Easy stuff...but as mentioned above, not something you'd probably want to do on the river bank. I've not had to open a reel riverside to this point. I think all of my reels are set with all springs engaged. Might have one with a pair of them in the off position.

·
Banned
571 Posts
An excellent SBS was posted last year...

Rustybee posted a series of snaps in an excellent SBS for the six-spring drag. The posts should still be accessible. Cheers, Buff. PS. Went back to check in Rustybee's post history, page 9, 04-18-2014, 11:54 AM.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hello, I am in the process of making a short video for this. In a nut shell each wire can be set left or right on or off all using a 1/4" socket driver. The S roller reels also have an over all adjustment using face plate screws as well.

Thanks for the question.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts