Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the Phone with Fred Evans and it looks like we will be having a Speyclave in Ashland Oregon on Saturday October 25, 2003.
Fred Evans will be the point man for this one.
A day at River a little casting and some demo’s and a lot of fun
More details as they become Available.

:devil:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ashland Spey Clave

Ooooh ooooh

One I can actualy attend. Fished with Fred and JD a couple of weeks ago and throughy enjoyed the company. Keep us informed....

Andre

·
Jack Cook
1,668 Posts
Hey

I will be in the area on Wednesday sometime and would sure like to go fishing on Thursday and Friday.

Have to be back Friday PM for a Tying Roundtable in Ashland probably.

·
JD
3,609 Posts
want to go fishing?

I will be in the area on Wednesday sometime and would sure like to go fishing on Thursday and Friday.

Have to be back Friday PM for a Tying Roundtable in Ashland probably.

I would be honored to fish with you. I am 5 minutes from the airport, 15 minutes from the Rogue. PM me and I'll pick you up at the airport.

><///('>
JD

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Boo Hoo!

Great, I have an appointment for oral surgery on 24 October to remove what is left of an upper molar after the 3rd crown shattered to have a titanium post put in as an inplant. (I could buy several great spey rods/reels/lines for what this will cost me.).

I waited two months for the appointment with the oral surgeon and 24 October is it until next year. I'm on standby incase someone drops out.:(

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Bob Pauli

It isn't as bad as it sounds.

I will just have a local numbing job and no hospital visit.

Are you going to this Clave?

·
Registered
254 Posts
480 miles and 8 hours of driving. I could clock out at 10 Friday night and be there the next morning. I am so hard up for a clave and just stupid enough to do it. But I have the kids that weekend. They like hitting the rivers with Daddy, but the drive would kill 'em. Seems like there should be more Claves this time of year, but I'll think about it.

Matt

·
JD
3,609 Posts
more claves

Check the forum or give the Spey shop a call. I thought these guys (Aaron and Jack) were doing a clave in the seatle area about now.

><///('>
JD

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Details

On Saturday October 25th River Run Anglers will be hosting an informal Clave and Tying Roundtable in the Ashland area. Details below.

Bob Meiser and two visiting anglers from Washington State, Jack Cook and Aaron Reimer, will instruct you on two-handed casting. Meet at Tou Velle State Park at 9 a.m. and bring your own lunch and drinks. There is no charge for this clinic.

Jack Cook and Aaron Reimer have agreed to do a free clinic on tying Speys, woven-body flies, and Intruders. We have scheduled this clinic for 7 p.m. at the Lions Sight & Hearing Center in Medford at 228 N. Holly St.
Dry Flies catch Steelhead!

·
JD
3,609 Posts
more details

can be found on Rogue Fly Fishers web site. http://www.rogueflyfishers.org./
well I thought I had already posted this. But since I pasted the url for the fly fishing club, maybe the powers that be deleted it! If that is the case, I'm out of here. A Fly Fishing Club? Give me a break.:whoa:

J

·
0 Posts
As I'm sure you've figured out by now, you have posted on two different threads with very similar headings. I'm pretty sure the admin. has no problem with URLs of clubs.:D

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fred,

The fly boxes are full and the Speypolice has given me a Kitchen pass so it looks like it is go.
Plan to drive Chief Thunder Butt my Diesel Chevy Suburban leaving some time Thursday.
Friday I may take a cast or two on the Rogue.

Saturday Looks to be corker Speycasting all day
Tying all night.
Will bring the try rack so you have some new toys to play

Looking forward to having some fun.

:smokin:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Aaron! This is a double post; flat forgot to ask if ..

you and Jack need a place to stay down here!! Joan will be in Portland Wednesday-Sunday, so if you need a good bed and fluffy pillows give me a call asap.
:D

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Very Cool! Have confirmed Aaron AND

Sing (Pafoo? Gotta ask him where he came up with that Board name) will be with me this weekend. Also a couple of great folks are coming up from Kalifornia for a long weekend of fishing.

We're 'awash' in the buggers now.

·
"Sing"
51 Posts
my user name

I tie a size 20-22 killer midge/caddis pupa pattern with micro-tubng body that I named PupaFoo.

I'll bring you a couple and see if you can land those Rogue Steelies on'em!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Sing, up on the Holy Waters (very top end of the river) ..THIS

could be a killer. We'll play this weekend putting one of these as a short trailer on a regular fly. Could be interesting!
fae

ps: have been wondering where your screen name came from for a very long time.
:D

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Sounds like great fun - unfortunately (or fortunately) John B (Speynut) and I will be driving up to the Grande Ronde - leaving Saturday from Eureka for 5 days of fishing - will be fishing with Scott O'Donnell out of his lodge. So far looks like all the rain is staying away from this area so getting pumped - hope to skate some dries though the temp is suppose to drop 20 degrees in the next few days

Anyway - have fun all - Fred - I'm gonna miss that BBQ!!!!!

Best regards,
Rick

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fred, J.D. and Rober Meiser you are great.

I must apologies for the lateness in the post.
Just got back from the two day with the Wife on the Oregon Coast.
I would like Thank Fred Evans , J.D.Jones ,Robert Meiser and the Rogue River Fly fishing Club for hoisting the Speyclave.
I have never met a more enthusiastic group of Flyfishers.
We had a lovely time on the river and the New casters were very keen on learning.
I think the learning is the main reason I love conclaves it give me a chance to give something back.

Fred was a most Gracious hoist and made me feel right at home. The food was outstanding and the company was just fabulous.

Spent the fishing with Sing ,Fred and J.D. , needless to say the fishing was not that good but made me feel good to see all the fish in the River.

The Fly tying Roundtable was fun and well received.

The Intruder stole the show needless to say.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts