Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have set the Date of September 20th 2003 as date for a Speyclave.
Details to follow

:cool:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Still a Go?

Aaron is it still a go? I am planning on driving over early on Friday. Are there any fish in?

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Spey Clave

Aaron,

Please refresh my worn out memory cells. What is the date(s) you are coming down here to the Rogue? And will Jack Cook be coming with you?

><///('>
JD

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ted and All

Been a little under the weather but things are still on schedule for Saturday the 20 of September around 10 AM or So..
The location has change It will be directly up stream for the McDonald Park foot bridge in Carnation Washington..
Just take SAR 203 to Carnation and turn on NE 40 the and park in the parking lot.
There are a few fish in but it is getting better every day.
This is the Map quest location http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=3946+tolt+ave&city=carnation&state=wa&zipcode=&homesubmit=Get+Map

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JD

We will be Ashland Oregon on the 25th of October and Yes Jack Cook Will be with us.
More on this later

·
Jack Cook
1,668 Posts
Clave on the 20th

Ther is more water and there are good numbers of Steelhead, Pinks, and Silvers in the system

We will have a lot of fun on the 20th, Aaron may even twist my arm to talk about dry fly fishing a bit!

See you Saturday!

M

·
0 Posts
Re: Clave on the 20th

speyman said:
Aaron may even twist my arm to talk about dry fly fishing a bit!
How could I miss this one now!?

The kid and I will be there, bringing the CND 1306 Expert along in the hope of getting a better handle on lining it.
:whoa:

mmm

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
MMM -

Have you seen the recent thread per the Mach I Hardy spey line? Matches the rod very nicely, smooth and easy. If you want to give it a try before you buy let me know and I will send it to you for testing purposes. It was provided to me by NorthFk16.

I don't have the improved 5/6 Windcutter yet but I've heard that it's an excellent line for the rod as well. Simon provided one for Nobuo at Denver for testing so I will follow up and get the skinny on that match up.

Which have you tried so far?

M

·
0 Posts
Juro,

Again thanks for the offer and had I not found an answer today I might have taken you up on it. The new RIO WC 5/6 is ideal for this rod, as per Speybum, and I wholeheartedly concur - It is!

The only other line I tried (half-hearted at best) was the SA Steelhead Taper. The combination stunk, though this line works great spey casting on my single hander. Go figure.

As I purchased Speybum's last 5/6 and I have two of the 1306's, I think I might try the Steelhead Taper again - but only after removing the 17' tip section (previously cut from one of the lines I had for fishing sink tips and equipped with the loop connectors). I'll post my findings on this for those interested.

You guys rock!

mmm

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Great Time

The turnout was not great, but those who came had a good time and got a lot of individual help from Aaron, Jack and Brian. Thanks guys for your help. My casting improved a lot and I got to match a couple of rods with good lines.

If you are in the area and need some help getting started, this is a great opportunity.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts