Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the River Run Angler’s Speyshop will be hoisting a Speyclave at Fall City Washington on February 20 Th 2004 from 9:00 Am. to 3:00 PM.
As usual everyone is invited and that includes Reps and Manufactures.

:smokin:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Spey Clave

Dear Arron,

I'll be there for sure. Can't miss such a show.

Hope lots of other folks show up as well as last year was great!

Will anyone be at your shop that day? I need to pick up a few supplies.

See you on Friday the 20th.

Ray Phelps

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
More good news; Bob Meiser will have

6-8 of his new rods there for 'test bed work.' Had several of them with us at the Kaufman's Spey Days but very limited (Jim Jones and my reels) to string them.

Loaded with Delta's these will be killer rods.
fae

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Aron and Jack .

Brain and myself are going to eat breakfast first thing in the morning on friday in fall city join us ?

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hay Guys it on

The River Looks to be in good Shape

I will be start setting up around 8:30 see you there

·
SRO Direct Dealer
578 Posts
Fall City Spey Clave

Thank you Aaron. Another great time with GREAT people. What a privelege it is to live in the Pacific Northwest with all the two-handed rod activity.

Spent time with Bob Meiser and took home one of his 13'6" 8/9 rods. One of those times when you pick up a rod, take it to the river, cast it and say "I have got to have this rod".

Rich

·
Registered
627 Posts
another great day on the river thanks to aaron and jack. Had fun casting all the meiser rods, thanks Bob its always a joy to cast your rods I hope to own one someday. Also thanks Sean for bringing the Carron line and that hardy shooting head that casts so well on the cnd 13'8. Since I had the newf this time I had a chance to sit back and watch more and realized that we have some very good caster around here. I think those Saturday mornings on the river are really starting to pay off.

Brian :D

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Aaron and Jack, Nora and I had a great time as usual. Brian and Mike, it was nice to see you again. Brian thanks for bringing Bogie along, my wife thinks he's way cool!

Meiz, it was a very nice surprise to see you there and visit with you once again, which is always a pleasure. That fast recovery 14'6" 9/10 you had me to cast was a sweetheart. Looking forward to seing and casting the bigger rod you told you're working on. Perhaps it will be at the Sandy Clave?

To the gent I talked with for quite a while about birds and feathers (whose name I forgot, old fogeyness setting in I suppose), it was very nice talking to someone knoledgeable about birds and feathers. I look forward to meeting you again. (Wish I could remember you name though, Jack help, since you introduced me to him.)

As reminder, highlander2 read your private messages.

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well another one bites the dust.

This year Flyshow Speyclave is History,
Jack and myself would like to thank everyone who came even thought the River Was in Grand shape..

Bogie was the big hit the Newf and how she would just stand there as Brain cast and cast and cast.

Good on you Bob Meiser .
The new rods are great.
I can not say too much about these rods.
They are most excellent

I had to play Fred Evans at the shop after the Clave for Mies, Todd Scarf and Larry, setting three bottle of Scotch on the display case and seeing how many would go away.
They were good boys only one.

Thanks again guys
Aaron

:smokin:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Only one????

Well .... I guess they did have to drive home.

Well, let me 're-phrase that;' only one 'killed,' but how much out of the others? Naaa, don't answer that.
:D

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just getting settled in after returning from Aaron's Clave and fishing a bit in B.C.

Both experiances were the superb to say the least !

Amoung other rivers, I fished the Upper Pitt for the first time, and after seeing this water...Hopefully not the last.... Beautiful water.

Lots a nice Cutts and Dollies.

Brian...I can always spot you by them sweet tight loops...So sweet, and your big ole doggie was very cool.

Flytyer....Always good to see you for sure, good to meet your wife this trip.

Ole Rich....Hope that 13'6" for 8/9 will serve you long and well.

Aaron and Jack...Always a pleasure, and the Scotch always tops the day on the water. LOVED that 14' 7wt. Hexagraph !!!

To all the rest...Good On Ya, and thanks for the kind words.

Meiz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts