Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
One more cast...
291 Posts
Looking for something 11-12 that would fit this perfectly. Let me know if you have any ideas…!
A bit longer than your given range, but I am a big fan of the Burkheimer 5125-4 for fish that size.

·
18 foot spey rod DV8
986 Posts
The pleasure of Spey angling for salmon, steellies, and trout this size is unparalleled with the one piece feel of a spliced cane 10 to 13 foot switch rod. The defined casting nuance of the line is obvious as is every head shake and acrobatics of your fish.
Might as well angle artfully and add a silk line to the elegance.
Regards....Jim
Wood Natural material Tree Gas Saw

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
There many good rods out there, but what is missing is how heavy are your flies and presentation.

If the fly is light fly and presentation is within the top 2', and I am not going to have to flight a fish running in fast water, I would pull out my Meiser 4wt.

If the fly is heavy, and I want the fly deep and-or expecting a hard fight in fast water, I could go as high as a light 7wt.

You can get blanks from Meiser, Burkheimer, Winston, Sage.

·
Registered
Skeena, Alaska, CF Burkheimer, Olson, Teno, Danielsson, Guideline, Nextcast.
209 Posts

CFBurkheimer 5115-4, 11'5 wt.

I have one of the two first made and introduced around 2011-2012. Use it mostly on larger rainbows each year for several weeks in western Alaska. It is a dream rod. I casted/trued multiple rods from Meiser, Sage etc. and there is no mach for CFB 5115-4 !!!!!!!!! You can also buy blank of 5115-4. Rubber net's hoop is 23 inches

Water Sky Water resources Plant Fishing net

Water Boat Water resources Watercraft Vehicle

Water Sky Water resources Boat Watercraft

Water Vertebrate Liquid Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Lake

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

CFBurkheimer 5115-4, 11'5 wt.

I have one of the two first made and introduced around 2011-2012. Use it mostly on larger rainbows each year for several weeks in western Alaska. It is a dream rod. I casted/trued multiple rods from Meiser, Sage etc. and there is no mach for CFB 5115-4 !!!!!!!!! You can also buy blank of 5115-4. Rubber net's hoop is 23 inches

View attachment 398628

View attachment 398629

View attachment 398630

View attachment 398631
Beautiful man. Theres nothing like a burk

·
Registered
Skeena, Alaska, CF Burkheimer, Olson, Teno, Danielsson, Guideline, Nextcast.
209 Posts
Bummer the she correction got me !!!!??? I love Burkheimer Rods!! My wife and I own 6 BURKIE SPEY RODS!!! Cheers, PJAB

CFB rods. Design, and blank made by the same artist. The have a soul and hidden beauty if one can recognize it. A smart and beautiful women does not need lipstick........
I prefer what is in the rod not necessarily on the rod.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Dry line rod 12’6”-13’ 5wt
Dredging 11-11’9 6wt

too many variables for a single answer. Small river/Big river. Etc. just try and own 2 of every weight rod from 5-7 wt and your covered (one switch one longer spey). So you’ll need 6 rods to fill the quiver. You’ll also need 2 each 3/4 weights to cover 2-5lb fish AND 2 8 wts to cover the 10+ lb

·
Registered
698 Posts
My mistake. My friend made the real case. I had some guy make the rod rack from a website I found online. Not cheap and took a while to get it but very nice craftsmanship

1 - 20 of 23 Posts