Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for at least 2 new (to me) spey reels. They should fit from 7wt to 9wt spey rods. Good drags, holding apple backing. Stylish looking. Not opposed to used.

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
I'm looking for at least 2 new (to me) spey reels. They should fit from 7wt to 9wt spey rods. Good drags, holding apple backing. Stylish looking. Not opposed to used.
If you're looking for 'stylish', then, if their laptops, tablets & phones are anything to go by, Apple backing is the way to go.....:saevilw:

Mike

·
Registered
381 Posts
questions

is this a wanted to buy WTB listing for two reels or are you looking for
suggestions? either way lamson velocity or guru.. in size 4.

·
All Tangled Up
677 Posts
If you're looking for 'stylish', then, if their laptops, tablets & phones are anything to go by, Apple backing is the way to go.....:saevilw:
Yeah, but, unless you already have an Apple reel and an Apple line, you have to learn to tie a bunch of special knots.

·
Premium Member
Meiser, T&T, and OPST two handers; Scott, Orvis, & Winston SH. Danielsson and Hardy Reels
1,081 Posts
I like the Velocity 4

It works well of my 7 weight rod and I also use it on 6 wt 11'9" rod. I think a Hardy Marquis 2 is perfect on shorter eight weights, but you may want something a little heavier for anything 14' or longer. If you are looking for an investment reel, I think the Hardy Perfect Taupo might be a good choice. Is the same size as the Salmon 2, but with the traditional look and feel of a long-time favorite.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Loop multi 6/9 fills the bill nicely except a little shot on space unless you use a little gel spun. Other than that, great reel

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
I hat to edmit... I lagfhed at the mussed speling.

Lord knows I've done that more than a few times. Close to 0000 and I needed a good chuckle.

·
Dom
3,164 Posts
Most of us down the line ends up with clicker reels. I recently got bitten by this bug and my suggestion find some nice click pawl reels. Just received my Kingpin reel in 4". One absolutely gorgeous most robust reels you can buy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts