Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given that Forum members are travelling to the event from as far away as Oregon and Alberta and Boston, should we organize some sort of informal gathering away from the event?

Any ideas?

btw-I will post a finalized schedule when it comes down the pipe in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Sparky, this will sound over simple...

But name tags!!

Don't remember the 'food arrangements' planned but a beach dinner bbq?

fae

·
JD
3,610 Posts
love that little red rod

the perfect setup for fishing heavily weighted nymphs under a bobber-cator.:chuckle:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Matt, forgot to ask:

Is the rod/picture taken on one of the 'snoopy rod' float trip contests?

One way or the other: "It's YOU, Never Change!!"

:hehe:

·
Registered
203 Posts
That's not Matt~

that's Sparkey, lead guide of Doggone Wilderness Adventures

:hehe:

Forget WindCutters Matt, bring your little heads to the Clave - I'm sure Snoopy could chuck those Scandanavian things into the next timezone! :D

And - back to the original point of this thread. Maybe we should have a Forum lunch somewhere - for all the guys from this board that are flying-driving in from near and far? Maybe just for a burger at that Railroad Car burger joint just down Hwy 2?

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Lunch on Saturday would be good.

Since it is Valentines day Saturday (good planning kman :whoa: ) I cannot hang out afterwards or my spey rods will be thrown out on the street.

Will not be there on Sunday....

-sean

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I will pass on this one

as I cannot bring my valentine with me. Perhaps we can miss that date next year?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good idea!
I'll attend whatever it is that gets organized.
I appears to me that there will be several folks who partake in the Holy Peat Water therapy so this may present an opportunity at a local pub?

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I apologize for the timing of the event but trying to get everyone in the casting community together for a weekend in the midst of show season is very difficult.

If we wanted Simon to attend, this was the only weekend that would of worked...but hey, is there anything more romantic then a night at the Dutch Cup??? :hehe:

And for any of those coming up from Oregon and anywhere else, I have Thursday the 12th off and would love to meet up for a day on the river...that means you Fred! :)

Just let me know...

btw-Very cute, Matt...very cute!! :eek:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Sounding more cool all the time.

But Joannie, Jim and I will be getting up to Bob's place 'late'ish' on Friday evening (leaving Ashland/Medford about noon and a 9-10 hour drive) so will be with all you folks on Sat/Sunday - drive back on Monday.

But, yes! we will have "peat water' on board.

Snigger, snigger.
:D

jee/jdj/fae/poochies

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We could always meet up Friday night to experience the local Monroe color. :D

Dana-
Jerry is finalizing the presenters' schedule, I should have it tomorrow and when I recieve it, I will post it.

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it seems that among further discussion, Saturday will be the night for a get together.

I know of many that staying in the general vicinity of Monroe/Sultan/Gold Bar so I will find a place...

How does 7 pm sound???

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay...Here We Go!

Thanks to Bob Munoz, a resident of Monroe, who provided me with some great suggestions, I will offer up these ideas to the group...

If we gather a large enough group say a dozen to a dozen and a half guys, there is an excellent Italian place (I've heard that from many) just a couple minutes from Hwy 2. They have a banquet room which can accomadate a larger group.

If we have a medium-sized group (6-12), Ixtapa, a good Mexican resteraunt right off of Hwy 2 would be an excellent bet.

If just a few of us can make it, we can hit the Sailfish which is a little tavern in downtown Monroe that brews its own beer,

Thoughts???...who is planning on attending?

Just let me know...

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Hot [email protected]!!!!!

Dana said:
I'll be arriving in Monroe Friday evening (I'll leave Vancouver @ 5 but with border traffic I might not get into Munroe until after 9).
Dana, REALLY GLAD your coming south; been looking forward to meeting you (other than via the typed word) for ages!!

:D :D :D :D

Fred/Joan Evans

Sparky: count Joan, Jim Jones and I in for the Saturday evening dinner.
fae

·
Flyfishing Camp Cook
122 Posts
Sounds good

Mexican would be fine. I should be there. Want to meet Fred finally. Won't be casting, but will be enjoying the company and checking out the rods.

·
Indicators Anonymous
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So here it is...

The Ixtapa in Monroe (just west of the Hwy 2, Lewis St intersection on the North side of Hwy 2).

7 pm

Fred, JD Jones, Joan, myself and a few others.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts