1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Announcing the 2020 Spey O Rama at Golden Gate Angling and Casting Club
Jimmy Green World Championship of Spey Casting
April 17th - 19th 2020
The Golden Gate Angling and Casting Club (GGACC) is pleased to announce the 17th annual Jimmy Green World Championship of Spey Casting to be held from Friday, April 17th to Sunday, April 19th, 2020 at the world-renowned casting ponds located in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park.
The best Spey Casters from more than ten countries will again be competing in this (two-handed "Spey rod") distance casting competition.
The GGACC is devoted to introducing everyone to fly casting and angling at their historical club and facility, and promoting numerous casting competitions, including Spey-O-Rama.
If you would like to compete: https://www.ggacc.org/event-3618353
If you are interesting in being and exhibitor, volunteer and or sponsor please contact Libby Wolfensperger at: [email protected]
And, if you would like to come out and watch a great competition: https://www.ggacc.org/sor-schedule
We look forward to seeing you in April!!!

·
All Tangled Up
677 Posts
Hi, an unfortunate heads up :

I am not an official representative of GGACC nor Spey-o-Rama but am on the mailing list and received a notice this morning that, like many other large public events in northern California and San Francisco specifically, SOR 2020 has been cancelled as a consequence of the ongoing health crisis.

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
this shows me that if there is the slightest chance of an even slighter danger folk will pull the pin.
it's the world we live in now where nothing is your job bar holding your hand out and expecting it to be filled.

basically if there's a possibility someone will not have to fulfil their obligation they will not.

I remember a very little fog in smithers. the plane could land fine enough... they must've been union pilots.
three raindrops on your rolling paper and it's time to go home.

so let's cancel everything, including the cure. that'll show us.
should just cancel the damned television.

jfc,
shawn

ps. who wants tom "let's take a selfie" hanks back?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Hi, an unfortunate heads up :

I am not an official representative of GGACC nor Spey-o-Rama but am on the mailing list and received a notice this morning that, like many other large public events in northern California and San Francisco specifically, SOR 2020 has been cancelled as a consequence of the ongoing health crisis.
That is too bad, but given the circumstances I think it’s the responsible thing to do. As they say “an ounce of prevention...” This is but a minor inconvenience compared to say, Italy, where they have now closed ALL STORES except groceries and pharmacies. I’m sure this is still a major bummer for some who had already made travel plans though, and I do sympathize. Just had a planned fishing trip with my father fall apart due to travel concerns on his part (high risk, concerns about ending up stuck in quarantine, etc). Definitely sucked, but probably for the best.
Fingers crossed that things will stabilize soon!

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's too bad.

With the apparent impending apocalypse, glad to have a world class fishery 5min from the house and plenty of shoreline to stay at least 50 meters away from the next angler....I guess I just need to gather up a few rolls of toilet paper for my wading bag tho?!?!?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts