Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We’d love to have all of you join us on June 27, 2015 for Spey Nation VIII!

Every year, since the summer of 2008, spey casters representing the Northeast, the Pacific Northwest, the Midwest and even the Southern Unites States have gathered on the shores of the Salmon River in Pineville, NY to celebrate the culture of 2 handed rods.

Spey Nation features a full free lunch, raffles, “On the water” demonstrations, and interaction with some of the biggest names in 2 handed casting from the East and West Coasts. Great Lakes anglers have an opportunity to learn 2 handed techniques, try specialized equipment and talk with other fishermen in an atmosphere dedicated exclusively to 2-handed casting.

Spey Nation is free to attend, present, and display product. We will have raffle tickets to purchase and as always, all Profits are donated to the Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club. Their mission is to enhance and promote the return of Landlocked Atlantic Salmon to the Oneida Lake watershed. We are excited to further that relationship

To see highlights our past Spey Nation gatherings and keep updated about 2015 please go to www.speynation.com

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm Garth, mine says Saturday. Do we have different calendars? We will do something Friday night. Haven't confirmed some ideas yet but we will be doing something. Did the films work for people last year?

·
Registered
187 Posts
date

sorry. you are correct. the 27th is a saturday. my calendar was correct but there was a significant operator error on my end in reading the darned thing .

film festival was very good if that worked for you .

garthman

·
Registered
520 Posts
Already planning to drive up from Virginia!

Jim

·
Terry C
17 Posts
Attended last year for the first time and had a great time. Put it on my calendar, also heading north from VA.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As we plan Spey Nation 2015, we’d love to hear what you would like to see Friday night June 26th, 2015. We have the room at the Tailwater Lodge and even though the Film Tour turnout was spectacular, we have other ideas as well. It’s your chance to tell us what you would like to see. As you know, Spey Nation is developed, planned and run by volunteers, we can essentially change anything we want. So please take a few minutes to answer this 1question. It will help us greatly as we go about our business. Otherwise we’ll just do what we want.

Take our survey here

Thanks and can’t wait to see you guys next year!

Geoff

We love steelhead rivers, and this one is ours. We want it to be the best one it can be. People who go to Spey Nation talk about concepts like streamside etiquette, conservation, returning Atlantic Salmon to historical watersheds, and angler rotation…and we share our knowledge to everyone who listens on this special day. Spey Nation is a spey clave that offers the unique opportunity for enthusiasts and manufacturers of 2 handed rods to gather in a streamside setting. The Location is the Pineville Boat Launch on the Salmon River in Pineville, NY but it only lives through our actions

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Our 2015 presentation line-up is tentatively set. Understand as we try and feed info out to you guys as early as possible, that the list can tend to be fluid but these are the industry professionals who have confirmed with me.

We are so happy to see quite a few new names on this list and we thank everyone who is making the trip from as far away as Oregon to come to our corner of the third coast

The List

·
Swingin for Chrome
132 Posts
Fine looking list you guys have acquired. Well done! Looking forward to my first Spey Nation coming from Ontario :)

cheers,

Mikey

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For those planning to come to Spey Nation early (Friday), Just announced:

International Fly Fishing Film Festival

Friday June 26, 2015 at The Tailwater Lodge in Altmar, NY. 6:30 pm Doors Open, Films begin at 7. Free Tickets Available online, or at several locations TBD. Announcement will be made when the tix are dispersed.

Online Tix available free.
http://www.showclix.com/event/3960464/tag/widget

The International Fly Fishing Film Festival (IF4) consists of short and feature length films produced by professional and amateur filmmakers from all corners of the globe, showcasing the passion, lifestyle and culture of fly-fishing. From trout in British Columbia to giant pike in Alaska, the variety of films at this event are sure to peak the interest of all anglers. IF4 contains exclusive content not available in any other fly-fishing film event

·
Registered
625 Posts
I would like to attend, but the date is always in prime time to swing for Atlantics. Priorities.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Late winter/Spring Updates.

Made some updates on the website including the raffle prizes are starting to trickle in. Proceeds from our raffle will be donated to the Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club, a completely grass routes organization dedicated to re-establishing native fish stocks to Fish Creek in Upstate, NY with the primary focus on restoring runs of native Atlantic Salmon to Fish Creek. You can learn more about their efforts and follow their successes at http://www.fishcreeksalmon.org/.

You can view the gear as it is updated here

Thank you very much for all our past and present supporters. As you may be aware, our raffles are the sole source of support we have for our events. We pride ourselves in keeping Spey Nation free to attend, present, and display product.

That being said, we have hats in stock now.

This is the newly designed trucker hat. check it out at http://speynation.com/shop-2/

As always we have the baseball hat

and the Knit winter beanie which (By Luck) we picked out one of the warmest styles I have worn.

No announcement on T shirts yet, is anybody interested in shirts this year?

See you all this June 27th!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Over the years, we have been asked about the contributions made by Spey Nation to the Fish Creek Atlantic Salmon Club or have fielded suggestions about what we should be doing with the money collected for the raffles. In the spring of 2012, I spent a day stocking the fruits of our efforts into the headwaters of Fish Creek. The following is the outcome of that day and below that is the history of the club. We are proud to continue this partnership and are excited to continue to support those interested in returning native fish to historical watersheds.

http://speynation.com/2015/04/16/spey-nationfish-creek-atlantic-salmon-club-partnership/

·
Registered
407 Posts
Wow . can't wait it will be a great event .this time wi'll plethora of rods ...and time to cast them . I 'm working on the fly box . see you all there .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts