Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a new Spey rod next week . I have been hearing about this new XLT line . is it the best out there ? I really like all my Rio lines . But I am not a distance caster , Does it matter on head length or would I be better off making a line to fit my needs ? Thanks for the input Fish-head

·
Registered
909 Posts
Andy
where are you planning to use the new rod??? I would recomend the xlt , to bad fred is gone he has three of the stinkin things, any how you know the far bank seam at the deadline hole above shady cove. I was able to fish it real well with the sa but couldnt even get a 3' drift with mid lenght taper I was using . I could cast to it with no problem but I had to shoot line to get there, and the thin running line wouldnt mend . with the xlt I could pick up the whole line put there in (no striping and shooting) throw mends in the line, and fish the outer seam. The xlt does a good job of in close work also. people who have tryed it like it.

What rod are you after? do you still have the little sage ?
take it easy Nate

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nate , I picked up some access last winter and this spring that is unbelieveable . Mainly below T.V. where I am going to use my new Sage , Yes still have the little guy . This is truly Spey water down there . Hopefully I fish it this weekend ? See you on the water soon on a daily basis again , hopefully ? Fish-head

1 - 3 of 3 Posts