Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any recommendations for a #7 spey line for a 15-footer? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, Ed

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Ed, can you give us the specific rod you have in mind.

15 foot sound 'long' for a 7wt; which one is it. The 'best choice' may be a function of the rod being a "Euro action" vs. a "Traditional action."
fe

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its one of the new DB Favorites. I've got the 8/9 but would like th 7/8 for summers on the Deschutes. Ed

·
BULL DOG!!!!
1,792 Posts
I have owned the DB 8/9 and found it perfectlly matched with the new SA XLT 8/9 and have tried the DB`s in the 9 and 10 wghts and they each took the #9/10 and 10/11 xlts respectivlly so am sure that the 7 will take the xlt 7/8.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spey Lines

Is there a 7/8 XLT available? I too have a DB Favorite in the 8/9 and am using the Rio Windcutter. I've never cast as far as this rod can!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Ed, you can (99% probability) get the line through Mark B's shope

in Welches, Or. You can get to him via the 'banner add' which he now has or hit the 'Spey Clave 2 annual' to the left of your screen. Either will get you there.

Extra good news is his 'shop' has about every Spey Wish Come True .... and he pays the shipping. Won't go as far as saying his staff have my Visa # memorized, but close.:D Actually, they don't keep them on/in a file; I like that for a lot of obvious reasons.
fe

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fred,

Mark's shop is one of my standard stops on the way over to the Deschutes. He has the 8/9 SA XLT but tells me that the 7/8 is still in the works. Hopefully, by the time I get my DB 7/8 lines will become available. ED

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: SA XLT Lines

Fred,

This is the respone from SA:

"Yes, there is a WF-7/8-F Mastery XLT spey line
coming. They should be made within the next 3 weeks and shipped soon after to dealers who have ordered them. Kaufmann's in Portland should have them as soon as anyone."

Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts