Spey Pages banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
this is gitting off topic a little but, that's a tough one on the customer asking for something and being "steered" another way. i have personaly seen that blow up on the clerk with people that are much more than they seem and have an ego to go along with it.

the standards will be a good thing eventualy but there will be a learning curve and some people will surely disagree just like we still do now with single handers. i would be really suprised if any rod manufacturers will change the rating of any existing rod, merely by the fact that it would screw up their lineups. this will be done as new models come out, just like with single handers. customers will ALWAYS expect to walk into the shop and walk out a better caster with some new equipment and i wouldn't want it any other way. from behind the counter we will still have some figuring and testing to do to sell people matched outfits, but that is why they come to us in the first place. the transition will probably take the 10 years any way despite the increase in comunication. great discussion.

·
Registered
869 Posts
flytyer, you are correct about the suggestion thing and i think we all agree it's a complicated waltz between the "shop dude" and customer. i know i would wrap that lotus around a telephone pole within the week, but i want one anyway.

Cannon, i wish all my customers had your attitude. ;)

MJC, how did you know about my neighbor?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.