Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just ordered my new Danielsson, any advice on what line to buy. I'm using a 8/9 wt GL3. My choices so far are Rio mid spey, SA and Delta. These are what the local shops have in stock. I'm going on a little fishing trip next week, so I don't have time to order, I'm hoping I get my new reel in time for my trip.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats ok, never heard of it, probably going to stick with the main stream stuff. Anyone have any good deals, thinking of the RIO midspey, need shipping fast.

thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
..............Snoryder,glad to hear you picked the Danielsson. You are going to love it! I use a 8/12 on my GL3,it balances nicely. That rod is very light,so the 8/12 works well. I like a rod to be fast,so I cast a pretty light line on the rod. I think it weighs about 525 grains with a tip.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
speymachine, nice to hear that. I was worried that the combo would not balance and was researching for a new rod already. I picked up some line as well. I bought the Rio windcutter, no tips. I'm going to post something about these tips, I don't get it or can't justify spending the extra money for them, I already have sinking tips, or are they different.

tx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.