Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I want to start a spey fly swap. I want a maximum of 10 people and I want the flies tied as soon as you can because I know how people hate to wait. They can be on tubes or hooks and can be flies like intruders,blues moons...etc. So if you are interested please post as soon as you can because as soon as I get 10 people thats it. Hope to get swapping soon
tight lines,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fly Swap

Im interested. Please get me some info. How many flies, what size, are we looking for original patterns or standard ties??

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Fly Swap

I am interested, but need a little more information. Spey style or used in spey fishing?

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Ditto on the above.

I usually do 'something' non-standard, but if we're looking for a specific size hook/tie that's helpful when my immagination runs off the deep end.:D
fae

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spey swap

Ok, It can be any type of fishable spey fly pattern. Tye it however you want. I was hopeing for some different kinds that not alot of people have. There will be a max of 10 people. So tell me if you are interested or not.
if you are email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Snigger, Snigger.

Brain (as small as it may be) said to Self: "what would be cool, and new?"

Oh Ya!: Fred's new Rogue: "Deep, Down and Dirty."

These are looking too cool!! Just need to know who many to tie on the #4 doubles.
fae

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, I sent you an email, I'm in if there is still room although I must warn the unfortunate soul who gets my fly(s) I'm not a good tier. I think the fish impail themselves because they feel sorry for my pathetic attempts.... either that or they are laughing so hard they get carried away....

Doug

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
My flys are off in the mail and should have ..

been in BC a week and change ago.

As the last "peep" on this was 10-16-03 how, if at all, is the swap coming?
fae

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Mailed

I mailed my flies October 20 or so. They should have already arrived.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
List?

I will email mase to see where we are, as I had a little private communication at the beginning.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Well, if he's still getting 'stuff' in the post it would ..

account for not getting our indiviudal packets. But would love to know whose part of the exchange, and what yummies have been dreamed up!

Mine were rather cool, if I do say so myself.:hehe:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Red But Doc Spratley

Mine was the red but Doc Spratley in a spey style.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hmm.

I too sent mine out in the mail over a week ago. Usually takes about 5-6 days for a letter to reach the States so I figured about the same to Canada. Mine were the Em Heron. Classy, I think.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry to report.

I got an email from Mase that my envelope had got there. But no flies inside. I'm positive they were, along with a copy of my JCN CITES and 4 bucks to cover shipment. So some postal worker is happily gloating about some new EM Herons and enough for a six-pack.:mad: Attached a photo of what was supposed to be albeit the one for this swap were a little bit more slimmer. Sorry to all involved I can't supply another 10 in a short amount of time. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
No Reply

I have tried to contact Mason several times with no reply. I hope he will eventually get the flies to us.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts