Spey Pages banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I need to buy some quality spey flies for steelhead and salmon.
any info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks.

The Romanian doctor

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Are you interested in any particular patterns? Knowing what you're looking for would be very helpful.
Fred

·
Jack Cook
1,668 Posts
Got Speys?

Check out www.irishangler.com

I have a variety of Speys for Salmon and Steelhead on different flows. Drab to Flashy, Classic to Modern. Tied in the USA.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
I've also e mailed you a couple of web sites that have hundreds of patterns aimed at steelhead and salmon. Either/both should give you a good idea of "what works" around the US.
Fred

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Dang! I forgot to ask!

Been to your area of the world (once), Joan on a couple more occations (Rick Steve's Europe through the back door tours). Where abouts are you located?
Fred

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Fred,

although originaly from Romania, which is Eastern Europe, bordering with Rusia, I now consider myself Canadian, because I have lived here for 6 years now.
My home base is in Ottawa, Ontario, but I will be studying for the next couple of years in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.

The Romanian doctor

·
JD
3,641 Posts
Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Lovely place from what I've heard. And ranks high on my list of places to visit. Not only for the Salmon rivers, canoes and all that, but for the music as well. Cape Breton fiddlers have a style all their own.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Romania! Cool!! Family 'memories.' My Mother's parents were from Romania and the Ukrain (sp?). Emmigrated to Canada .. and the rest (save for the Evans' side from Wales) is 'my history.'

1 - 11 of 11 Posts