Spey Pages banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first I thought the classified posting was a joke. Then I went online and found copies on Amazon and other sites ranging from $500 to $1,250 depending on paperback vs. hardback and new vs. used. Looks like $350 is a fair deal based on current market.

Here's what's interesting...

I went to a Sportsman's Warehouse about 3 months ago and found a copy of this book on their shelf. It was marked on "clearance" and I picked it up for $9.00 (that's nine dollars).

John S. lives in my area. Why doesn't the publisher just do another run? The price fluctuation on some of these books baffles me. If the demand for the book drives the price to $300 or $1,250, isn't it in the publisher's interest to make another run? What am I missing?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
The cost of running another edition is probably cost prohibitive. Anything fly fishing related is very very small volumes when compared to mass audience publications which could easily justify firing up the presses (and paying royalties).

I have this book as well. Maybe I should sell it and buy some more gear!

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
I was made to believe that they were going to bring this back out this year. I have two copies that are in excellent condition. Tried to sell one but no takers since everyone thought it was going to be re-issued.

If it is not I have a spiral bound in good condition for 200.00

KC

·
Carp aficionado
1,234 Posts
They will probably run it again eventually. It took about 4 years or so of Bob Veverka's Spey Fly book being out of stock and selling at the high used prices for the publisher to finally decide to do another run.

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
4,040 Posts
Demand is Relative

Based on the audience

Books going to Press when only selling a hundred is not cost effective..

I will hold on mine for now...Unless I need something....

:smokin:

At first I thought the classified posting was a joke. Then I went online and found copies on Amazon and other sites ranging from $500 to $1,250 depending on paperback vs. hardback and new vs. used. Looks like $350 is a fair deal based on current market.

Here's what's interesting...

I went to a Sportsman's Warehouse about 3 months ago and found a copy of this book on their shelf. It was marked on "clearance" and I picked it up for $9.00 (that's nine dollars).

John S. lives in my area. Why doesn't the publisher just do another run? The price fluctuation on some of these books baffles me. If the demand for the book drives the price to $300 or $1,250, isn't it in the publisher's interest to make another run? What am I missing?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Interesting, I bought a hard cover copy of this on Amazon I recall, only last year for about £20.
Maybe it was the year before.
Crazy! Supply and demand I suppose.
S

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just got a hardcover on Ebay for $45, score of the century:chuckle: Will sell it for $800 and a softcover version, the books too good not to have a copy.:saeek:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
They will probably run it again eventually. It took about 4 years or so of Bob Veverka's Spey Fly book being out of stock and selling at the high used prices for the publisher to finally decide to do another run.
got mine today in the mail signed by the man himself for 40 bucks and change..
so glad they did another run..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts