Spey Pages banner

Spey, Dee, Streamer

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Flyfishin'jam 
#1 ·
Just sharing recent stuff here, some probably seen all this. I should be tying smaller flies right now but just can't help it!

Start off with a Dee.

Then i had to try this streamer Lord Iris variation, not fished this pattern yet so interested to see.

Tying up a few Highland Gem's and JS variations just for fishing.

Miss Grant in a 1/0 and 2/0, slightly different for body just seal and fuzzle dub

Quite like this sub.

A kool group shot of a bunch i took fishing earlier in the season, older ties tho.

See less See more
#13 ·
xgolfman, the wing on miss grant is slips of golden pheasant tail - you could also use amgold but that is more expensive. Not too many 'spey flies' call for golden pheasant tail as a wing so it is interesting.

domantas, the veilings i am just remembering used to be quite tricky when i first started doing it like that but make sure thread is nice and flat, waxed, first wrap do quite loose, getting progressively tighter as you wrap away. It is hard as stems are round, so they love to roll - sometimes i have even flattened stems with pliers. Also don't let stems cross over, try to keep them straight, kinda almost like say gp tippet or jc underwing style.

Thanks all for comments! :smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.