Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Spey Company 'River Spey' in black/chrome. It has the 'snake roll' s handle as an additional extra.

You will be able to see the reel here:

http://theriverspeyreel.blogspot.com/

For those that dont know the Spey reels, this is a big reel, capable of holding a high rating long belly spey line plus 2-300 yards of backing and balances 15-18' rods.

The reel comes in the manufacturers box, with certificate, lube & cleaning cloth. I bought the reel 2nd hand but sadly have not used it as it is a tad too large to balance my intended rod.

The reel is in good overall shape - it has no marks on the spool or winding plate, there are several marks/scratches around the chromework where the reel has been laid down and a few marks on the s handle, but nothing that detracts from the reels overall appearance.

I like this reel but it is too big for my rod - ideally i'd like to trade for a smaller Spey company reel such as the Symmetry Skagit.

If anyone has anything of interest, please let me know. I'm based in Scotland.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just bringing this up again in case there is any interest. This is a really nice classic reel. I'll provide photos if required. may consider an exchange for another reel, such as a bougle 3 3/4 or suchlike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've had a few PMs, however the reel is still available - photos can be taken on request.

Now traded - no longer available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts