Spey Pages banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spey Co Sale.

"Well, I have heard it a 100O times, and sorry to disappoint you guys, but my reels are NOT bullet proof. I took this one out yesterday and shot it with a Ruger Carbine .44 Mag rifle loaded with a hollow point round. Nope for sure...not bullet proof, but the darn thing still spins like a top".

I was asked to make these into posters so here you are get one for your man cave or fly tying room. ,,, 13x19 " printed on heavy 50 weight cover $14.99

Here is the sales link... http://speyco2012.blogspot.com/
Merry Christmas guys.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Waste ??? No way it still runs and no sorry it is mine. It was just a gut shot with no spool I did not want to shot my mid spey line and just with a little pounding with a hammer on my anvil bench... its' GOOD TO GO. :)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
O NO BUSTED !!! Check your reel bag !! thegrappler IT IS :saevilw: I know it kabar... Talk about high speed tooling! Right... To be 100% clear she did need to be hammered on. The in coming hole "was" smooth The exit wound was "horrific" and there was NO way to put the spool back on it had quite the " BURR" , but nothing a good hammer did not make short work of , but no kidding the thing runs nice and , plan to fish it. After all I did now want to blow up the spool... and my line just wanted the guts to be shot...

I did jam a bit and did not get video or a picture me capping the reel?
did not get photos of me re pounding reel?
did not get photos of the exit wound ?????
did re open the machine to get a photo but less than impressive now after hammering and a "bit" of the grinding.
I was just so pumped up to get the stupid thing back together... did not think.
I would like to say next time but really??? The 40 year old gun scope was off to say the least it was lucky to even hit the thing because I needed to be far away for obvious reasons... I could see the story now on the 10 PM news..
" Local man is dead after shooting his fly reel" :confused:

Plus this will be our new lab rat if you will ,,, believe me when I say It's not over for this thing yet .. Its' about - 1,000,000,000,000 degrees outside right now in Wisconsin so high speed "Freeze proof test videos" coming soon...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Gonna make for some great conversations on the river.Definately one of a kind now.Great testiment to the toughness of you reels for sure.

·
Registered
481 Posts
So you guys got "Cabin Fever" already.......Hell of an R&D program you have developed there........:chuckle::chuckle:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts