Spey Pages banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have this great condition Spey Co River spey. I cannot believe that I am doing this, but I am selling my favorite setup. The reel is black face, silver frame and foot with a snake roll handle. No rash and it's in fantastic condition. All new springs with only a few days of fishing on them. It will come loaded with enough backing to attach a integrated mid head roughly 3 miles of 20lb green dot :hihi:

$375.00 shipped n insured within the US **SOLD**
pp + 3%

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To answer a few questions I have received on weight.

515 grams
18.1661 ounces

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
600+ views and I still have the reel :Eyecrazy:

I have reached my rock bottom price of $375.00. Someone needs this beauty to pair with their long rod

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I take it this is the hex drag? Interesting that it's 18oz as I recently acquired one and it's 16oz granted it's a first generation Speyco with a single check. I wouldn't think the added checks added that much extra weight. Maybe Tim can chime in and explain what material changes may account for the extra 2 ozs.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I take it this is the hex drag? Interesting that it's 18oz as I recently acquired one and it's 16oz granted it's a first generation Speyco with a single check. I wouldn't think the added checks added that much extra weight. Maybe Tim can chime in and explain what material changes may account for the extra 2 ozs.

Correct it is the Hex drag. it's got A LOT of 20lb green dot micron along with 60-70 yards of 30lb to attach to the line.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just put it on my postal scale... 510g 17.98 oz first weight came from our kitchen scale. Not much but it was off 5 grams

1 - 19 of 19 Posts