Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to thank kaufmans and all the sponsors for a great time. thanks dennis and ryan and all the other people that put on a great event. thanks to juro and dana for the casting tips. nice to meet some of the people on spey pages as well. i know snowbee is a new sponsor got to cast one of there rods today. there rods and reels are as great as there lines. may have to get my hands on one of there rods one of these days and slip it in with out the wife finding it. thanks kaufmans for another great clave!!!!!!!! :hihi: :hihi:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Kaufmann's Spey Days

I second that report Scott. Many great casters, casting tips, casting styles and the list goes on and on and also must include the food, many rods and line set-ups to cast. Met alot of people on the speypages. It is great to put a face to a name! I was impressed by the quality and improvement of everyones' casting skill. From the first Sandly Clave to this gathering, the general casting skills has made great strides. Klem

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree. I had fun today. I learned a lot today watching each of the presentations. Got to say Hi to Klem, Dana, Sean, and others. I'm sad I didn't get to enjoy a single-malt with the crew. Maybe next time!

·
Swinger of Flies
103 Posts
Good Times!

I have to agree. It was a great event. Thanks to all who put this on. I was up on both days and came away with some solid know-how. It was great seeing some familiar faces as well as putting faces with some names.

I received some amazing one on one teachings from Juro, Dana, Tyler, and Klem. I really appreciate it. Dana and Tyler showed me how to get some Super Sweet loops on some amazing casts (for my abilities) off of that Snowbee Cannon. And also, Thanks to Way for letting me borrow one of his XLT's. It was also nice to put a face on "Sinktip." Fly Tyer, Leland - It was great to see you again and shoot the breeze for a little while.

Of course at the same time, standing back and watching the likes of Way, Nobuo, Klem, Dana, Tyler, and Juro throwing casts to the other side of the river with the smoothest, longest, tightest-looped, pretty and fluid like casts that exist.....its rather humbling, but motivating at the same time. I'm already looking forward to the Sandy Clave. Again, Thanks for the event and it was good to see and meet folks. Tight Lines!

·
Registered
599 Posts
thanks

What a great clave!!!

Well done to Kaufmans for a great event. Thanks Jerry and Bob!

Thanks to all the great folks I met and info shared.

Ray Phelps :smokin:

·
SRO Direct Dealer
578 Posts
Thanks

Another great event in the Northwest. The Kaufman crew put on a great show. I always come away with many good ideas of improving my casting. This time Ed Ward added some ideas of fishing.

A special thanks to Juro for showing me how to overhand cast the CND Atlantis rod.

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts