Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is our first Christmas as a separate board and one of the many great Forum traditions is a Season's Greeting Card. I think it is a tradition worth starting here as well.

I realize that there is a significant cross-over between the two boards, but brothers and sisters of the Spey, my better half Sandi and I wish you all the best this Christmas Season and into 2005. It is going to be an exciting year for all of us here at the Spey Clave.

·
Jolly Buddha
504 Posts
Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year

From Deadwood (Stanwood) Washington!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Let me tell you my Christmas story

This happened yesterday.

So I finally got pissed about not being able to figure out what the hell this noise was coming from my tranny at about 1500 to 2200 rpm. It was killing me going from zero to 30 in five minutes thinking my tranny was going to blow up. I haven't been out fishing for a month. This is my fishing rig that has sand from every river in the state on the floor boards. I was just sick to my stomach that I couldn't fix my baby. So I finally went to a local transmission shop and asked for help. The first guy I talked to was an older fellow and very grouchy. He started talking 3200. Oh no, I’ll pull it out for you and hand it to you. So he calls someone in the back and says 1800. I asked another question and he says, what a minute I’ll have Leland come up and talk to you. Leland is younger and way more friendlier than the transmission grinch. I am explaining the noise again and he says, I’m just not understanding this noise. Can we go for a drive? Hell ya. So he grabs my keys and we take off leaving the grinch at the shop. He finds a side street and runs the tranny through it’s paces. Slams it in four wheel, stomping on the brake and gas at the same time, getting my baby to hop all over the middle of the road. I mean he is really working it and listening to this high pitched whine. He looks at me and says, you know I don’t think it’s your tranny. He says remember as a kid you used to take a reed of grass and blow through it to get it to squeal. Well that is what it sounds like. I think you have a vacuum leak. We get back to his shop and he says, let me put it up on the lift real quick. I said, Dude I should be getting to work. Oh it will only take a minute. So up goes my baby and he checks the lines underneath. Lowers her back down and pops the hood. He starts poking the vacuum lines on the engine. He touches one coming off the intake manifold which cracks open and a gush of air can be heard like the emergency door being opened in orbit on the space shuttle. I said, Oh that is a major problem. So he horns it on there real tight so it wont leak and he points out some other lines I need to replace and parts to fix here and there. He says, you know a fishing rig like this Jeep should run forever. I said, Man I owe you my left nut. What do I pay you? He says, Nothing. Merry Christmas. I couldn’t believe the luck. I was driving 55 and 60 down highway 99 without a squeal and I haven’t even made all the repairs I need to make yet. For thirty years, I have never let a mechanic work on my rigs because they were such rip offs or couldn’t fix a damn thing. I guess I was wrong. It was a great Christmas present.

Merry Christmas My Friends

·
Registered
886 Posts
Merry Christmas from Speyside Scotland.

Middle Spey at Wester Elchies, John Ashley Cooper said Wester Elchies had perhaps the finest pools of all. Who could argue with JAC

·
Registered
869 Posts
Here's my present to myself. about 8 lbs of dec 22 steelhead. MERRY CHRISTMAS to all from Buffalo and Western NY and here's to a safe, happy and prosperous new year.

Attachments

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Merry Christmoose!

May the season bring you peace and joy, and a little time to fish might be nice as well :smokin:

From Sacramento, California, merry Christmas to all!

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
May your lift be smooth and loops be tight throughout this holiday season!

·
Swinger of Flies
103 Posts
From a recently famous city in the north of iraq.....have a Merry Christmas and a chrome filled New Year.

PS: Dont forget the Scotch!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Merry Christmas to all from Elkhart, IN.

My wife and me want to wish all of you the very Merriest of Christmases this year and the best for the coming New Year. BTW, Matt, a good read. Good to know that there are still some fine folks in this world that are not "money grubbers", eh? Its an especially good season knowing the "Spey Pages" have survived a scary senario. Thanks to everyone for supplying this guy with some great information on Speying this past year. Best regards to everyone, Stiver

·
PiscatorNonSolumPiscatur
802 Posts
Merry Christmas from Yelm, Wa.
May your season be filled with love and gratitude for the great things we have and enjoy.
May the next year bring us greater wisdom to deal with the challenges we will have.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Seasons Greetings from the Clearwater...

To all my friends,

Happy Holidays from the Red Shed! Thank you for your support. You are all greatly appreciated! Take care, MJC

·
Registered
29 Posts
From Lake Oswego, Oregon a Very Merry Christmas and anyone crazy enough to be floating the Deschutes on New Year's Day, stop in at my house at North Junction, the coffee will be on!

A special thanks to all the participants in these pages--they make teaching others a treat and it is an important addition to my fishing life. Happy New Year!!!

Doug Robertson
<"}(((>~<

·
Registered
170 Posts
Safe and enjoyable holiday season to you all and tight lines in 2005 from Winnipeg, Manitoba ,Canada

Will

1 - 20 of 38 Posts