Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Licensed Curmudgeon
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy who's a Master, just called & read a blurb from Fly Fisherman Magazine re: Simon, Steve, & Way becoming spey certified at the Grand River 'clave.
Congrat's to all 3 of you:cool:
Now the question is:"When do the rest of us get a chance at testing?"
Anyone from the BOG on this board???

·
Addicted to the cast!
274 Posts
Hi Speydoc

Thanks for the comment. The certification process is nearing its end. We have established a pretty comprehensive test that needs final approval by the committee. If this goes ahead then the first possibility of gettting certified is at the Sandy clave in May. At least, that is what we are shooting for.......don't hold your breath, though!

I am hoping we get that approval soon.

Tight lines
Simon

·
Registered
273 Posts
Spey Certification

Talked to Al Buhr Dec. 4th (FFF, BOG member on the spey casting committee) he said the certification test has yet to be voted on at the next meeting. The spey certification program is not official yet. Simon, Steve and Way definitely qualify to be certified but the program is not yet in place. It sounds like someone jumped the gun and it isn't Simon Steve or Way. But as far as I'm concerned these guys are for beyond needing to be certified. I quess we need some clarification from whomever said they were certified.

Just an observation, Klem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts