Spey Pages banner

Spey casting videos

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  clydeo 
#1 ·
Hi guys! After years of single hand rod casting I've jumped into the spey thing.:D I've so far looked at two spey casting videos. The first one was put out by Rio and the other was by Mel Kreiger. I've heard that there is at least one more that I would want to check out. Which ones do you guys think is the best?
Thanks in advance,
Stew

#2 ·
Stew,

The "required viewing" is "Spey Masterclass" by Derek Brown and the second is "International Speycasting" by Jim Vincent and Rio. Both are excellent.

#4 ·
i've taken the basic and 'advanced' courses with Derek through the Kaufman shop on the Deshuttes so personally have had some contact with him. i first was introduced to spey casting in a Krieger video and have both of vincent's videos. Derek is absolutely head and shoulders above the rest. His basics are much sounder(altho the second vincent video with Gawesworth and the Norwegian angler are very good). You will come away from Derek's video with a real understanding of what the spey casts are attempting to do. It is not as easy as it looks, but from my standpoint, it does get easier the better you become! The technique, as Derek points out, can be used with the single handed rod. Wonderful video that i must have looked at 50 times over. Highly recommend getting together with Derek when he comes to the States---call Kaufman's(Tigan?sp-Oregon). More and more of my fishing is with a spey rod---if i'm not using one, i wish i were! clydeo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.