Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting my first spey rod this summer. So my queston is, should i jump into a spey casting class right off or should i let my buddies help me out when thay can and practice bye my self the rest of the time. i dont want to develope any bad habits that i will regret later on....:confused:

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Take a class, why chance bad habits from the get go? Start with good habits - you won't regret it.

·
Jolly Buddha
504 Posts
Bad habits are hard to get out of your system.
Go with a good class
:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info on spey casting

actually i wont be getting my spey rod till sept,oct, i've been off work due too lower back surgury. Im going back to work in june. Then ill start saving the dough for the rod, I have a good friend of mine at the four seasons fly shop in La grande who is gonna Hook me up, even a spey casting lesson. I also bought Introduction to spey casting with John and Any Hazel, however, i was thinking of going through one of there spey clinics on the deschutes river,Its an eight hour class right on the river. Do you think this is a good choice? I wanna be all i can be ...:)

·
JD
3,610 Posts
I wanna be all i can be

Excelent Idea, Spey Casting class. Have never had the pleasure of meeting John & Amy Hazel, but have heard a lot about them. In the meantime, since you are off work anyway, the Sandy Clave will be the best introduction you could ever get to the Spey world. And, with the exception of a nominal fee to the park, it's free.

·
Jolly Buddha
504 Posts
John and Any Hazel

Good choice
I pick up there DVD this winter and it has help me and my friends.
:hehe:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Goin to the clave

WOOT! I just got the ok to go to the spey clave from the wife,And yes she will be attending SWEET I cant wait.....:smokin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts