Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got them all over. It took some inventive programming but I am proud to announce that the old ISC board is and now available and searchable through the Spey Clave. Just go to the main Spey Clave board and you will see the archive board now listed.

All in all there are 3412 posts and a ton of good info about all things spey.

The board is read only for the meantime and no new posts are allowed.

Let me know if you find any problems and I hope you all enjoy.

-sean

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Who is this Sean guy?

And how does he work this magic?

Those Flyfishing Forum and Spey Pages guys are paying you six figures, right? :devil:

Seriously Sean, on behalf of everyone, thanks a bunch! This just made a lotta caster's lives a whole lot easier. I just searched a ton of stuff and the archive worked flawlessly. Now, get some sleep and go catch some steelhead!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
I JUST KNEW IT!!! "Coho Mojo" is a

magic chant.

Dana, I see the picture .... but are we really sure his normal garb isn't a tall pointie black hat with stars and a silver moon? Black flowing robes??

Just Magic:whoa:

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
I was always impressed...

but now I know when we get out on the water I am REALLY curious about why you need waders... I am convinced you do walk on water now! ;)

Sean, you are the "Top Rod" for the Forum and Spey Clave.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Sean
Am I missing something? All I see is the Archives listed above on the right, which simply returns me to the msn site. I can, of course, go there just by pulling up the original site. Will the archives still work once the msn site is closed down?
bill

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Bill,

If you look above the posts you will see the following link structure:

Spey Clave > General > Spey Archives now available.

Click on the Spey Clave link and that will bring you to the main forum list. At the bottom of that list you should see the Archives forum.

Hope that helps,

-sean

·
1,771 Posts
Hi Bill - In addition to Sean's clarification...

no you aren't seeing things; the text link was pointing to the old MSN stuff until a short while ago when I pointed it at the 'new' old posts, or the old posts that are new, or... you know what I mean! ;)

Thanks for pointing that out. The great news is that now everything's searchable, and all from one place!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Sean
I see no link to archives. The only thing I see at the bottom is the spot to "search this forum" and when I do that, I only get subjects from the current forum, not the ISC.

Perhaps the problem is that I'm on a Mac instead of Wintel? My main browser is Netscape, but I've also tried it in Explorer, but it's just the same.
Bill

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Hey Bill,

If you look above the posts you will see the following link structure:

Spey Clave > General > Spey Archives now available.

Click on the Spey Clave link and that will bring you to the main forum list. At the bottom of that list you should see the Archives forum.

Hope that helps,

-sean

I don't get it. Like Bill, I know I have seen the "Archives Available" up at the top right, have even gone there, and again like Bill thought no big deal, just a link to the old site. Must be going blind. Cant even find the link back to the archives. If I click on "Spey Clave"of Spey Clave> General>Spey Archives now available it takes me to the home page, the same as if I click on Spey Clave with the fish. ????

·
1,771 Posts
Allow me to chime in:

We have moved all posts from the old message board into the archives here. Therefore there is no need to have a link to the obsolete message board, it's gone!

Because it would be twice the work to keep both boards running not to mention ten times more confusing, the new one will stay and the old MSN one will be going away soon.

You can read any message since day one of the old message board and search for keywords, thanks to Sean. We might not be able to keep both boards running but at least no information was lost in the process of upgrading to this board.

That's a pretty amazing feat if you consider how different the two board technologies are. It took a special effort to salvage all those posts, thank you Sean!

·
Registered
913 Posts
OK,
I finally got back to the computer after being out this evening. Very interesting. When I restarted the computer — there it was! Apparently, the computer needed to be restarted — not just closing my browser and re-opening in order for the new option to be shown. Sorry for raising a non-issue. You learn something new every day.
bill

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Many thank's sean!!Great job :)
I won't ask how long iy took you !
Cheers
Brian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts