Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any one get a chance to meet Bob Clay and cast his awsome cane rods? Bob resides on the Kispiox River and builds amazing cane rods. His "ferrule" system is quite something to see (it involves scotch tape). If you appreciate a labor of love, you have to cast one of these. My favorite was the 12 footer. If you slow down a bit, it throws a great line. Some day I'm gonna own one. He's a classy guy who builds classy rods.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Class act

His personality and cane rod where a match. What a great smile Bob had and what a great smile I had casting both of his rods. Klem

·
JD
3,609 Posts
says something

When Bob Meiser cast that rod, he immediately put in his order for one.

·
Registered
545 Posts
chat'n with Bob was one of the highlights of the weekend for me. He is such a nice guy and those rods were very fun to cast and pretty to look at. Very cool that he drove all of the way down for the weekend.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Yep,

Bob's little 12 footer was love at first wiggle.

Been hearing about these rods for some time now, and was planning on touching bases with Bob on the Bulkley this late Summer.

...So I was VERY suprised and glad to see Mr. Clay at this event, and to meet him in person.

Sweet action, light in hand, with tons of power.....Everything that I'd hoped she would be.

For me she will be the perfect dry line Soft Hackle rod for our Trouty Rogue Summer Steelies, and no doubt for Skagity shooting heads as well.

...And skaters on the NUmp <> And Dollies on the Pitt, and piggy Bows on the Williamson, and Redside/Summers on the Deschutes, and Half Pounders on the Klamath, and Smallies on the SUmp, and greaselining the Kiss....

Like I told Bob...This will be my one treasured rod of a lifetime....};^)....!!!!!

Meiz

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Bob Clay...

Like I told Bob...This will be my one treasured rod of a lifetime....};^)....!!!!!
I'd say that the above was one Hell of an endorsment considering it comes from one of the premier two handed rod builders of our time.

I also met Mr. Clay and got to have two nice chats with him which I enjoyed greatly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts