Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a sparse hair-wing kind of look.

Actually, any fuller with the wing and that head would have gotten away from me even more!

On an AJ sz. 7, that I never realized has a more turned up eye, in bronze, than in black. :confused:

Thanks for looking,

-Bill

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,162 Posts
The bright macaw, kingfisher, and pheasant feathers are dazzling and eye-catching for sure, but there's something about the subtle, earthy tones you've tied in here that really say "fish on!" to me.

You'll certainly have some nice trout in the creel, fishing with your little friend there!

thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,706 Posts
Now your being silly

If that is tied in hand want I want to buy your vice LOL

·
Undertaker
1,356 Posts
summer steel?

Nice subtle tie. I suspect you tied that with trout in mind - but late in the summer/early fall, small somber flies do well on summer steelhead.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

steelhead23- I don't get as much of a chance to chase chrome as I'd like, and it's usually in the middle of a brutal winter when I do (flies are bigger speys and such), so a lot of my trout patterns are inspired by steelhead and salmon flies. Some work, some don't! But, that's part of the fun!!

Wayne- I'm not quite ready to give up the vise- you wouldn't want it anyway.
A cheap $30 knock-off of a Regal (actually it's not that bad). I tried a sz. 12 wet tie the other day- not in hand friendly- not yet, anyway!!

Thanks again my friends,

-Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts