Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting Adobe Update Pop-Ups. They aren't real. It's only happening on this site. I've cleared cache and history, etc...

Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Banned
501 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yes, I get pop ups on the Safari browser. When they appear, they will generally not allow me to either go back, close the browser, or delete them. I've had to reboot the computer and clear my cache to get rid of them. Mine have most often been fake Adobe Flash pages asking me to click various things, which of course I don't do. Have had to switch to Google Chrome to prevent this. It only happens on Spey Pages--I visit lots of other sites without issues.

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
1,340 Posts
There is an easy way to get rid of ads, popups etc. You can use what is called a host file. All operating systems use them, Linux, Mac, Windows. How it works is to edit the file and add the address of the offender and poof you will never see him again. There are several host files bouncing around the internet with extensive list of ad sources. I can share mine with you if you have trouble finding one and can point you to a couple how-to's to get it done as well. Let me know.

Dan

Note: I don't use any browser addon, virus software or add blocker of any kind and never see and ad. I also use Linux and never see a virus or spyware.

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
1,340 Posts
Brave browser. Period.
Brave Browser is an option. It based on the Chromium browser(same as Chrome from Google). It does what they claim but it can be a bit buggy and unstable at times(just like Chrome).

Dan

·
Registered
693 Posts
Never had any issues with Brave being buggy, and I run very restricitve host files on my linux machines as well, that's the best answer, of course, but figured that for the average windows user, brave is a straightforward option, or using adblock etc as a plugin on chrome/ff.

Only issue I've ever experienced with SP is it wanting to switch to the new theme from time to time, but I like the classic layout. No biggie.

·
Banned
501 Posts
Ad sources change all the time. So you’ll have to keep updating it.

Adguard keeps an updated list every 48hrs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes. It is very annoying and I have not found a way around it. I just logged back in using Chrome and so far I have not had any issues, like I did with Safari. I tried the suggestion for clear my Cache and reboot, but that didn't help for long.

·
Administrator
17,808 Posts
What version viewer of Speypages are you in?? Full version (red) or old version (blue)??
In full version viewer and I'm always signed in, there is no POP-ups. If I sign out, yes between posts there is ad after ad, but no POP-ups.

Take a screen shot and post here please. We can then get the IT guys involved to sort this out.

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
I accidentally fell for that, as periodically I actually have to update my Adobe. Guess I should have read the fine Print. It took me a couple hours of following tutorials on how to uninstall all of the adware it had installed.

·
loco alto!
2,977 Posts
I keep getting Adobe Update Pop-Ups. They aren't real. It's only happening on this site. I've cleared cache and history, etc...

Anyone else experiencing this?
on Ipad yes
on PC no

·
Registered
533 Posts
What Skol Bandit gets is what I get. And once the pop up goes to the full screen you can’t delete it. It happens with Safari on my Mac, but when I use Chrome it doesn’t occur. And this happens only with Speypages, no other sites.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts