Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings.

Does anyone know of a line maker that would produce vanilla type 2 (class 2) full sinking spey lines? By vanilla I mean "not multi density."

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Ditto to the ditto my homies! Steve has built 2 full sinking skagit for me........yup, they rock!

Reactions: Salar-1

·
Registered
440 Posts
Try the UK,there's still type 2 sinkers kicking about over here.I think Michael Evans is still on the go-his lines are ace.There's still a goodly number of wet 2's floating about too and you should get mill end lines too
I've a few in the garage that never see the light of day any more.All depends on what weight you want.
Yorkie.

PS,The Michael Evans web site is still viable and all his products are listed, you will find what you are looking for on there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try the UK,there's still type 2 sinkers kicking about over here.I think Michael Evans is still on the go-his lines are ace.There's still a goodly number of wet 2's floating about too and you should get mill end lines too
I've a few in the garage that never see the light of day any more.All depends on what weight you want.
Yorkie.

PS,The Michael Evans web site is still viable and all his products are listed, you will find what you are looking for on there.
Thanks a lot. I am looking for these lines in line weights 6 and 9. The AHT9/10FS (3 IPS sink rate) fits the specs of the sturdier rod. Probably on the heavy side @740 grains but since we are dredging, who cares?

I also appreciate others bringing up Steve Godshall.

·
Administrator
18,297 Posts
Steve can build more than just shooting heads.
He has built me some very nice traditional belly lines and even some custom DT's, I'm actually spooling on one of his DT's now on my Olson RP reel :smokin:

It's discouraging for a sunk line fisherman that there are very few N.American line manufacturers that offer sinking lines. With the exception of Nextcast (when they have stock), line choices are minimal. I would like to see Nextcast offer a WA55 and WA70 in multi density versions and the same goes for the Gaelforce Equalizers. One can only hope that the light may shine I guess :)

Mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
1,661 Posts
Those Arrowhead dredger lines look mighty interesting. Full sinking belly!!

Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts