Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pet peeve.........

When a classified post for sale with a set price gets smashed with an offer. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if you wish to offer do it in PM poor taste IMO

But I am me others may be ok. If the ad says best offer have at it.

Just saying:tsk_tsk:

·
Registered
439 Posts
I think all offers should be made via PM, my 0.02

I have seen some replies to posts letting the OP know they may want to reduce the price to get it to sell, which is OK, but can be done in PM as well IMO

All in all though, I am happy to be part of such an honourable group and kudos to the administrators of SpeyPages for running such a tight ship!

JJ

·
Banned
1,310 Posts
I don't even pay attention to follow-up posts when I list something. If it's not a PM, it's ignored... Perhaps that practice will catch on.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
But if it is a used Nextcast head pm AND follow up. It's whack-a-mole, and every second counts! :)

·
Administrator
18,020 Posts
I don't even pay attention to follow-up posts when I list something. If it's not a PM, it's ignored... Perhaps that practice will catch on.
I have had some members here not know how to use the PM function and see they post in the thread saying they would like the item.
On the flip side, I've had members post in the thread saying they will take the item and post, "send me a PM with PayPal info"... lazy buggers :hihi:

I agree with the original post, Wayne has it right. If the OP post "or best offer", do so in a PM. We don't want the thread to go astray, nor is this an auction site, nor is it fair to the seller.
There are rules posted here in the Classifieds explaining how the Classified Forum is supposed to work: http://www.speypages.com/speyclave/92-spey-classifieds/257033-classified-forum-policy.html

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts