Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People coming from all over the world, most are repeat entrants.
There is just none of the "Been there done that..." It is too much fun not to want to do it again.
So glad for the new Over 55's. I am there!

Having looked pretty hard at what the good guys are doing -- a question I still have:

In the forward stroke: How long after the stop, or point in time that the loop begins to form, is it optimal to release the shooting line? I have watched the slo mo of Gerard's world record throw many times, and it looks like a definite interval between the stop and the release, but it is definitely before the end of the forward motion. Is there an instant that the best are trying to find? How does it impact the roll out of the loop?

If someone has the secret, and would prefer to share only with an old man that will not be competing in the real deal. but only in the old guys bracket, pm would be fine.

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Loc,

In keeping with the spirit of James and Simon and inject it into the "Old Guys" event - here is the secret... under no circumstances should you EVER release the running line :roll:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NEVER release! Now I get it

That must be the problem. I have been waiting just until the loop fully unrolls, so the entire line can fly like a spear through the air, thus achieving it's optimal aerodynamic profile.

I will try your suggestion: with 73 foot line, 15 foot leader, that would be 98 feet of overhang to get the 185 predicted to be competitive this year.

Thanks so much.

Kush, you cannot possible be sufficiently mature to be in the senior division!!!

Loc

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Loc,

Sandi just reminded me that maturity has little to do with chronological age :razz:

...but yes I am 57 years immature.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then show some pity for your elders and share

When do you release the darn line???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts