Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back to the future.

A new 11' (if my tape measure is correct) custom made Boo 6/7 rod (built for me in the UK), a Hardy #2 salmon reel (never been lined, health went into the basket), a #7/8 silk spey line. Yes, a real silk line.

This all in prestine shape, (reel has a couple of tiny 'cosmetic Paint ticks') I take darned good care of my equipment. Rod has never been fished, Dog-Dog and I sat beside the Rogue River, rigged, conversed. "So what do you think of that run?" That's as close to fishing the rod as I got last December.

Poor Me. :rolleyes: First serious 'crash and burn' was a few days later. 911 works, nice young men scraping me off the living room floor.

So why sell? For me 'fishing' may be a history lesson at 73. In the house I now need to use a roll around 'walker,' thing actually has hand breaks!

Anyway, if of interest, PM me. Don't ask for pictures, I don't know how to do that. But gear is 'new in box' condtion. It needs to be fished.

fae

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sorry to hear about your health ,Fred. That sounds like a sweet set up. Unfortunately the Canadian dollar being what it is today would make your gear about a million dollars. Good luck and remember the good times of fishing.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear God the Canadian Dollar did take a dive.

Sorry to hear about your health ,Fred. That sounds like a sweet set up. Unfortunately the Canadian dollar being what it is today would make your gear about a million dollars. Good luck and remember the good times of fishing.
Last I checked it was (within pennies) 'dollar for dollar;' not any more! Currency Calculator (Canadian Dollar, US Dollar) - X-Rates

What caused the 'tank?????'

:eek:

fae

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have/use a walker that looks just like that.

Come on Fred you can still go fishing!...
My best for you.
Major difference is mine has 'Candy Apple' red paint. >:) Racie, very raceie. Even if you are moving slow ....:smokin:

fae

·
Registered
949 Posts
Wrong side of the border for me as well. Hope it goes to someone who appreciates the great deal, and the man behind it. Best wishes to you, Fred

1 - 7 of 7 Posts