Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People sometimes just dont know what they are selling...these pieces cost 35 bucks shipped

..just showing off some good fortune I found on the internet..those silly hat makers of times gone by...

Its two different pieces..I can wait to use that black hackle oh boy!!!!

..hope its not too brittle, stuff has to be 80 years old at least

D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
This is not the first time you have sent me straight to Google, unfortunately I don't usually have the good fortune you do with old hats... Beautiful piece you have there and I can't wait to see what you do with it!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Congratulations, you won't find better hackles than that ;-) Stuffed animals are also a great source of some of the rarer feathers ;-)

·
Administrator
19,096 Posts
SCORES !!!!
Nice find my friend, can't wait to see what you tie with this !!

I arrived home and the package you sent me was on my bench .... many thanks for the beauties !! I'll be sure to swing them on my next outing :)

Mike

·
Registered
231 Posts
?

Blue heron..?this a hat a women used to wear?
Werid...probably why they are protected in the US..
Thanks for sharing this find..
Atb

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,306 Posts
You do some searching I see, very nice find. The way I got my BEP supply was through benign searching. The description was bag of gray feathers and it was a big fat gallon size Zip Loc stuffed full of the stuff. No I'm running low and considering a skin...........

Nice David!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Amazing find!!!! The black hackles are what is used when a pattern calls for black heron, not just the grey hackles dyed from CTFC. Very soft marabou like flows nice ... But fragile.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts