Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,734 Posts
Looks Like it is built for speed

Well done and very creative, do you plan these out/sketch or just start lashing to steel

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well done and very creative, do you plan these out/sketch or just start lashing to steel
Thanks for the kind words. I'm very new to married wings, speys and the like. I've only recently started tying them so I kind of just try different things each time. I'm too impatient to follow recipes and don't have all the proper materials either, so I'm just kind of winging it. I just enjoy tying and learning.

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,162 Posts
I'm just starting with the classics myself, but you amigo, seem to have a good handle on the basics.

I also don't have ALL the necessary accoutrements, and tend to use whatever I lay my hands on.

From what I know, that's a pretty nice looking head. The whole fly sits nicely on the spine of the hook, the tapered palmering looks appropriate, the ribbing is nicely spaced, and the body looks well proportioned. I'd be proud of that fly.

I may be wrong, but it sure looks like money to me.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Nice body work, a very fine tapering of the dubbing and the hackle, and a very fine proportioned overall profile. However I am a little bit in love with your tricoloured tail ;-)

Søren

·
Registered
55 Posts
Very nice, I too would fish that all day long, what material did you use in front of the tail, I use peacock herl but it doesn't stand out as tall as what you have used.

Great work!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice, I too would fish that all day long, what material did you use in front of the tail, I use peacock herl but it doesn't stand out as tall as what you have used.

Great work!
Thank you, that's ostrich herl.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts