Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just filling up some room in the boxes trying to keep my vibration positive ..

it seems futile to think the despots running my state will allow any industry that involves people getting together to thrive going forward into the winter

our town in ct re opened and our area is doing fine but this short sighted insistence on going forward with a mentality that people can’t choose how to protect themselves , live their lives , love and interact with one another , make a living or spend their coin ....this sort of caring for was not asked forand is not appreciated by this citizen

“lockdown to save us “ is looming again

What was going to be a wonderful community supported holiday season at my restaurant will be shut down most likely
We made it through last winter thanks to incredible community support and I’m sure we will be ok at the end of all of this but I feel for those that won’t ..

the only plus side being that i will have a bit more free time on my hands ...broke but with time to fish ..oh well I could think of worse things in life like having money but no time to fish ......maybe I will get these flies wet and into a chromers mouth soon

all bugs on the McNeese size 2
Assorted flowy hackles and roofs of flat tied pheasant
Was going for a strong dark silhouette and trying to shake the rust off as I havent sat down to tie in a while

217E03D4-4E6E-431E-A77A-73FE0364D92B.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
Nice work. I'm cooking up something similar at the moment as well.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I fully sympathize. We are heading into lockdown 2 on Monday for the next 28 days, the reason being, social interaction allowed the virus to spread and is threatening to overwhelm our amazing hospitals and health care system.
The numbers crept up on us and something needed to be done for the collective good. The same happened in Melbourne, Australia where they then clamped down very hard (harder than we will be) which stopped the virus in its tracks; they are comparable to Canada being a large landmass with a relatively small population.
Lockdown is relative however, we are still allowed to walk out of the door, even 'go forth to angle', but are restricted in our interactions with others. In the UK (for example) fishing was forbidden for a while.
The bright light this time is that there may well be a vaccine on the horizon. In the meantime I hope that we all do what we can to stay healthy along with our families and friends, albeit at a distance for now, plus manage to find time to tye fine flies such as we see here.

Malcolm

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Davidstrout - fantastic set of flies beautifully tied. I love driving and doing exactly what you showed admiring a fly I have tied. Well done for sure.

Malcolm - very true words well expressed. Leaving politics out of this discussion, the imposing shutdown will no doubt be terribly difficult for many, many people but hopefully will begin to slow the spread and will lessen the rate of people contracting and unecessarily spreading this virus and worse yet possibly dying. Let's not forget that we are not just talking about one state/territory or country but the entire world. No matter the cost either financially or emotionally, I am very willing to pay that cost. Stay well and stay safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts