Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of the Best Landscape Photo's I've Taken;

Many people wish to come to Alaska to fish and while the rivers and creeks can offer some memorable days the weather may not be corporative with your trip for seeing the sights along the way. I'm here 365, 24/7 and so I get some opertunities to take it in and through places like Spey Pages; to share some of it.

Spring Thaw;

First King Camp;

Some shots from the big river;

The Sleeping Lady, SuSitna;

Mts. Foraker & McKinley from the river, they are over 125 miles away here.

Lunch Break;

Another river;

A favorite;

The Matanuska Glacier in fall;

·
Registered
271 Posts
All breath taking. Always have appreciated your contributions to these pages. Perfect example of why with these photos. Thanks for sharing!

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sorts figured you guys would like those, I try to take a few throughout the year and were it not for places such as this to showcase some they would go to waste.

Thanks Spey Pages

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks Ard
Absolutely beautiful shots. Hard to pick a favorite....but I like the one with the golden yellow aspen the best! :D

·
Registered
650 Posts
Stunning scenery and great shots, you and Nancy are lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Many people wish to come to Alaska to fish and while the rivers and creeks can offer some memorable days the weather may not be corporative with your trip for seeing the sights along the way. I'm here 365, 24/7 and so I get some opertunities to take it in and through places like Spey Pages; to share some of it.

Spring Thaw;

First King Camp;

Some shots from the big river;

The Sleeping Lady, SuSitna;

Mts. Foraker & McKinley from the river, they are over 125 miles away here.

Lunch Break;

Another river;

A favorite;

The Matanuska Glacier in fall;

I'm guessing those are Aspen trees in that shot with the creeping glacier in the back ground by far for me my most favorite!

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello Tom,

The trees are birch, I am far from expert of all things flora & fauna here but I know that the forests around me are predominately birch, spruce and cottonwood. Along the rivers and creeks the alder and willow occupy the waters edge and the cottonwoods are more plentiful there also. It took me a life time to learn what I knew about North central Pennsylvania and I'm not sure I'll live long enough to know my p's & Q's here although I do work at it and find myself frequently looking things up.

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad you liked them fellas,

I stuck 3 more onto the last post and I think you'll like the picture of the 15th Avenue Bridge.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My Susan the photographer loved these and they bring back 1969-71 on the USCG-396 Sorrel out of Seward. Alaska patrol through Unimack passage, really big surf in the Bearing Sea, Kodiak Island and the Grizzly highways, Seldovia in the fall, and always Resurrection Bay and Mount Marathon. The beauty you capture is awesome and the memories are sublime! I would love to know the river names if you care to share them!

Great work and cheers, Bill G

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Bill,

The big waters are The Yentna, The SuSitna, and The Matanuska while I would hesitate to print the names of creeks and smaller rivers I would PM them to you without pause. Even here in Alaska it requires traveling many miles and trying many different watersheds in order to find places where solitude can be had. For that reason I am habitually tight lipped about where I go.

If you ever return here to fish I'll help you find a place where you might be alone also.

Ard

1 - 20 of 27 Posts