Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Vision Beulah Snowbee Stonofo Root River Veniard Hareline
4,354 Posts
I wish they would leave the Kelts alone..... I've never understood why that fishery is permitted....

One stroke of the pen by the people who demand to be in control and claim to be th guardians (insert DFO here) and also the N|GO's doing what should be a no brainer (Sorry you do a lot of good things) don't get me wrong, by not not locking in their heels and demanding a stop to this barbaric behavior. I am so sick of the hero shots of a specimen that is so ravished from trying to survive through the winter they would bite a poodle if it fell in the water.

Should I tell you how I really feel

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too can’t understand why anyone would fish for a kelt.
Leave them be and hope they become return spawners.
Fishing for those is much better no?
I could not agree more. Salmon not only deserve the sanctury of the deep but the unencombered return to the sea after a winter. Real men and ladies wait for the real thing.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
=AZXvB3CQU6ZOnDde5DTg2SOckdqgwI0Jr79z8A1t-PV_gKE4WtbQUkR5mgT8ewFOoeAVFpeJjalwVgSgsyk6QKAm768gCg3nBKr6EPJcpuWp-8lq2JfLqMQbTcahge2GBS50VUDiDVqSZd7hCXPMZiKOx0O9YZKzu4ttbJMQPG_dav_UlIxoe8SWmuFw1pQHlwU&tn=%2Cd%3C%2CP-R']An other point of view : The Wulff Den: Why I fish for “Black Salmon”, “Spring Salmon”, “Kelt” in New Brunswick
=AZXvB3CQU6ZOnDde5DTg2SOckdqgwI0Jr79z8A1t-PV_gKE4WtbQUkR5mgT8ewFOoeAVFpeJjalwVgSgsyk6QKAm768gCg3nBKr6EPJcpuWp-8lq2JfLqMQbTcahge2GBS50VUDiDVqSZd7hCXPMZiKOx0O9YZKzu4ttbJMQPG_dav_UlIxoe8SWmuFw1pQHlwU&tn=%2Cd%3C%2CP-R']

Is that a point yes the most logical I beg to differ

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I respect that others have different points of view. But IMHO the arguments presented on that page are ALL about a fisherman trying to justify his actions to himself and others. It's legal, so they can do as they please. But legal does not mean ethical.

Claude H, at least this post has created an occasion to discuss different views on this activity! And discussion is a good thing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I respect that others have different points of view. But IMHO the arguments presented on that page are ALL about a fisherman trying to justify his actions to himself and others. It's legal, so they can do as they please. But legal does not mean ethical.

Claude H, at least this post has created an occasion to discuss different views on this activity! And discussion is a good thing.
I've read somewhere that fishing was bad for Karma :D

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Only description I can add here is a pathetic and a very blatant disrespectful display of care for such a precious resource. If one of these are guides they should be banned from ever holding a wildlife license again. The arrogance of many is sickening and charges should be laid IMO

Ask me how I really feel

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Only description I can add here is a pathetic and a very blatant disrespectful display of care for such a precious resource. If one of these are guides they should be banned from ever holding a wildlife license again. The arrogance of many is sickening and charges should be laid IMO

Ask me how I really feel
You should post your comment on their FB page.
Sky Font Circle Magenta Darkness

1 - 20 of 37 Posts