Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
17,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello friends :)
In keeping with my objective this year, 70% of all the flies I tie will go towards charity, 20% towards friends and people on the river and that leaves me with 10%.
Just finished sending a rather large package to the FFC as a donation so they can either sell or distribute how they see fit.
I sat down to tie up some more for the FFC and noticed my materials were dwindling down, like hooks, tinsels, floss, etc....
So basically what I'm trying to do is, is sell off some more flies, to gain funds to purchase more materials to tie flies for the FFC. All of the flies listed here have never seen water, came close because some accompanied me to the river but never swam.
All flies were tied in the hand, the old way with no vise, using excellent materials from some great suppliers. Most have JC nails for "eyes", lots of turkey, Bustard, swan, macaw, mallard, teal, GP crests and tippets. All platforms are either Blue Heron, AJ (Daiichi) or Partridge. The blind eye irons are HE2 (Partridge) or Daiichi 2091. All flies are tied for fishing, so the "gut" eyes are fashioned from #30 Micron Dacron, no need to worry about rotting in your box.

Here's what I have to offer: ALL SOLD NOW

36 Hairwings - $95 (nice mixture for winter and summer)
40 Shrimpy stuff and mixed wings - $90 (GP's, UK shrimps, Skirmishers, stuff you have never seen before too)
52 Glasso Style/Feather wing wets - $200 (nice mixture for winter and summer, Orange Herons, Purple and Black, etc...)
46 Dees, Eagles and old Speys (BM wing) - $200 (Purple/Green/Black Kings, Ackroyds, Dr. Forbes, Skiers etc...)
23 Snow Flies and Quill wings (married too) - $85 (nice winter selection, T&L's, etc...)
23 Snow Flies and Quill wings (married too) - $85 (nice winter selection, T&L's, etc...) sizes #4 to #1/0

You can look through my posts to see what I have tied in the tying section, some you will find, others well, it was what I was feeling like so there is no recipe but I feel they are pretty fishy.

PayPal only or Canadians can do EMT as well
All prices include Shipping to Canada and ConUS

Thanks for looking :)

Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
It sure would help (me) if I knew the hook size. I somewhat can quantify summer from winter but a few addtl details would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
As the owner (and fisher) of some of mikes flies I just thought I would chime in with the amazing quality, I have fished his stuff many many days and everything looks exactly as it should! Tied splendidly, fish well, and a damn good guy to top it off!

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Mike...another order on the way...can't resist. Set me aside $100 worth of the Dee's and old Spey's please. Maybe a few Glasso's...orange, purple, black heron, etc. Thanks...hope this helps replenish your materials.

For those viewing this and passing on it...tremendous opportunity on amazing flies...for cheap. I have three teenagers and travel too much for work and have limited time at the tying bench (aka none)...Mike's flees are a no brainer for me.

*Funds have been sent.

·
Administrator
17,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I updated the list of what I have left .... and added sizes :)

Brian, I don't think you'll be adding these flies to your boxes ... I think you need another box !! Man that's a lot of iron coming to you ... okay you know me, always add a little extra :roll:

Thank you for your kind words gentlemen, much appreciated :)

Mike

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Few More

Another $50 smackers on the way. If you'd put together some summer hair wings and anything that feels "October'ish"...

Glad to help replenish.

*Funds sent

·
Administrator
17,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you my friends :)

I'm going to leave the last batch up for tonight only, if no takers I'll add some to the give away on the river pile and the rest off to FFC.

Mike

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Can't Wait

Until we meet up in October on the Ree god willing, should I come up to you with a new flybox>:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts