Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Size ⅚ reel. Not a Spey reel, however it is a great single hand click/pawl trout reel if you need one. The reel has been used and has an insignificant scuff or two, it is in excellent ++ condition. Comes with the original reel case and backing. I was using it occasionally with silk line, however no longer use silk, go tired of the after fishing maintenance.

Sold - shipped in the lower 48. PayPal preferred, or USPS Money-Order.

Please send private message if you you are interested or have a question.

HPIM1288.JPG
HPIM1289.JPG
HPIM1290.JPG
HPIM1291.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
This is a very pretty reel - I never saw one before. There is definitely more than a little CFO homage going on there. So why, oh why would they IMHO destroy the effect with those ugly red logos?

Anyway, don’t listen to me. It’s still very nice looking, I just have some kind of built in repulsion at the way logos are used on many modern reels. It’s not an anti-corporate thing, and I don't really know where it comes from.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Botsari - The red logo is subtle with the reel in hand, and in my opinion adds a nice touch, something that originally drew me to it. Bit of information the reel is pre-Orvis, meaning it was made prior to 1997 when Orvis purchased Redington. Many people who have used both prefer this hard to find reel, rarely comes up for sale over the CFO's. Materials, craftmanship and river feel is equal, anodizing on the Redington is superior.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Those 90's Redington reels are super nice and well built. I still have a few including some of the drag versions. Top quality for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
Botsari - The red logo is subtle with the reel in hand, and in my opinion adds a nice touch, something that originally drew me to it. Bit of information the reel is pre-Orvis, meaning it was made prior to 1997 when Orvis purchased Redington. Many people who have used both prefer this hard to find reel, rarely comes up for sale over the CFO's. Materials, craftmanship and river feel is equal, anodizing on the Redington is superior.
Yes, the looks certainly are all in the eye of the beholder. What isn’t is that this is going for probably 1/3 or what a old CFO would, and is essentially functionally the same if not better in some ways. So someone should grab it. It’s so pretty that if not for my logo hangups I might do so myself, even though I don’t need it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts