Spey Pages banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see what Santa brought everyone this year. I got a Winston IBIS 9' 9wt single handed rod. It should make a nice Bass rod. Striper, Smallmouth and Largemouth. Now I just have to pick a nice reel to go with it.

I also got the complete Calvin and Hobbes. Woo Hoo!

·
Junkyard Spey
7,105 Posts
Yo! Geoff...

I got a Winston IBIS 9' 9wt single handed rod.
Wasn't it just last week you were saying something about not being a good boy and the missus saying you were waaaaaay over your fishing budget?

All I got was a stack of bills.:lildevl:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MJC said:
Wasn't it just last week you were saying something about not being a good boy and the missus saying you were waaaaaay over your fishing budget?
Ummmm..., yeah. I guess the missus got tired of listeneing to the whimpering. :hihi:

Actually, when my wife went in to pick it up the guy at the shop was jealous. His wife would never get him a fly rod for Christmas. I'm a pretty lucky guy. She's gorgeous AND buys me fly fishing stuff. I couldn't ask for anything more. (Well, yeah, I could, but I don't push my luck. :D )

MJC said:
All I got was a stack of bills.:lildevl:
Sigh, got that too. :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Switch Rod

Santa...with my specs gave me (I gave myself) a custom 10' switch rod on the FT1010-4 blank. Removable fighting butt/2nd hand grip single foot titanium guides. Haven't picked it up yet but hope to have before Fly Show in College Park MD. Anyone going?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Two Outbound Lines 8 and 10 weight floaters.

baldmountain said:
Just curious to see what Santa brought everyone this year. I got a Winston IBIS 9' 9wt single handed rod. It should make a nice Bass rod. Striper, Smallmouth and Largemouth. Now I just have to pick a nice reel to go with it.
Besides lots of excellent family time and some great dress clothes from my wife, I got an Outbound 8 weight Floater and an Outbound 10 weight floater.

The 8 weight will be tried as a Skagit line for my Meiser 5/6 Switch rod and to cast floating flies and streamers for bass, small mouth bass and schoolie stripers.

The 10 weight will be tried as a Skagit line for my Sage 5120, and as a top water casting line for my Meiser 9/10 Switch Rod for spring and summer stripers.

The 8 weight OB fit perfect on my Echo reel. The 10 was too big for an Echo Spool and any reasonable amount of backing. It is a tight squeeze on my Orvis Large Arbor BK 7/8. So Mrs Claus is buying a new Redington CD 9/10 reel for the OB 10 weight. Later in the upcoming Spring/Summer the OB 9/10 and the CD will select out one of my Spey Rods to use in the Surf.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Sean,
Good match up of great minds. For months, I have asked [begged] Simon for a Skagit 850, without luck.

This is where your line try program would be great for me. My last long belly line purchase [from a sponsor] was a Carron 75' 11/12 [?880 grains] for my 1611, but it did not load the rod, so I now use it on a 1510. I won't buy another Carron without trying.

Flytyer, what line do you plan to use with your DH1711-4?

Steve,
I am embarrassed to admit that your subtlety is too much for my weak mind--I don't get it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.