Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fishing in a strong left to right current with a stong right to left breeze. What cast should I have been useing?

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
I like Wrke's cast choice as well, but failing that right hand up reverse (reach across) snap-t or single spey will work for those who don't like to swap hands.

Regardless of which hand up, snap-T gives a sharper direction change, 90 degrees is easy whereas single spey wastes less time and energy but is best cast 70 degrees out or less.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Unless you are Simon, then 180 degree change of direction is no problem with a single spey as he demonstrated at the Clave!!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Right on Rick! Banana's to watch ..

Rick J said:
Unless you are Simon, then 180 degree change of direction is no problem with a single spey as he demonstrated at the Clave!!
what's not 'supposed to be possible.'
:smokin:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Downstream wind = Double Spey
Upstream wind = Uni or single Spey.

easy

Malcolm

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks. i think the wind, current, sink tip and weighted fly proved to be too much for my skill set. i would have been better off throwing a 250gr teeny, but then i wouldn't have learned any thing...right? at least the schoolie stripers were kind.:)

·
Registered
914 Posts
Eddie
If you're throwing a sink tip and heavy fly, a left hand circle cast is probably your best choice.
Good luck.
Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts