Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, Meiser lust aside (for the 11'7" 5/6/7), budget constraints have piqued my interest in the "Torridge." I would use it like I would the Meiser: for nearly everything. Overhead on the beach and off my pontoon, spey style in the Yakima....

I assume it's action makes it suitable... or does it? Speyman?

Thanks!

Tom

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
Tom,

Jack loaned me this rod for the last week. It will be at Aaron's get together tomorrow morning. Come on out and compare it to Meiser's 11'7" side by side. I will be there around 10:00 A.M.

·
Jack Cook
1,668 Posts
I like it.

They certainly eased up on the action abit from the other rods. FOr a 5 or a 6 weight you need a little more feel and that is certainly what we have here. I am happy to loan it to you for a week so you can see.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

K1 (Big) and Speyman,

Thanks for the offers. This is what makes this forum, and Aaron's get-together so great.

Unfortunately, I'm booked up for most of the weekends in September and can't make it to Aaron's. I would, of course, love to do a side-to-side with the Meiser. Not to mention borrow the rod for a week.

Jack, I'll PM you.

I'll be missing the Saturday mornings!

Tom

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Talk with Aaron

He should have one of the Meiser 11' 7" for 5/6 demo rods around to lend for a trial run. If not, Bob Meiser can get one to you for a trial.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Hey Tom,

Might also consider the 11'6" that "Nextcast" (Bert) builds on the Batson blank.

All the guys that have tried this rod in your neck-of-the-woods have mentioned to me that she is one heck of a little cannon, and is pick of the litter from the new Batson series.

....Plus Bert builds up a really sweet stick.

He's always at Aaron's as well.

Meiz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts