Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked back at the first issue of the Steelheader's Journal over the weekend. I really liked the magazine and the info within was excellent and well written. Some of the pics weren't great pertaining to the flies and recipes but I think that's because of the paper used to save $, probably a good idea in that biz. I digress, as I looked through the flies that were used as examples for size and use with various lines, I saw the Snot Rocket. I thought I'd book marked every steelhead fly pic, recipe, SBS, and video on the internet but it appears I missed that one. I can't find any info on it either. Some of you guys are genius with this reverse engineering stuff so I'm just looking for some info. A material list would be great and a SBS would be awesome. Heck, someone on this board probably invented that fly (poorly) pictured in the magazine. Thanks for any help I hope someone can provide.
CA

·
Banned
571 Posts
I might be able to help...

We have a sea run cutthroat beach pattern here called the Snot Rocket. Represents a marine invertebrate. Good pattern when the marine invertebrates like piling worms are "hatching". Is this what you have in mind? Cheers, Buff. *Piling worm pattern is called Dumb Protein. I think I stole it from Chester Allen.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks buff. I saw some references to "snot rocket" mostly having to do with pike. Didn't see the one you reference. I'd be interested in seeing a picture. The pic I'm talking about is on pg 50 of the mag and looks to be tied on a shank w/ a stinger hook. Tied in black, looks kinda like a Hoh Bo spey pattern, if nothing else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
571 Posts
Not what I have...

The pattern I tie is on a long shank saltwater hook, size 10, brass bead head, peach-coloured floss body, done up with Bug Bond, copper wire rib, tail, as long as hook shank, of peach-coloured marabou, very sparse, one strand of pearl flashabou hidden in the tail.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool pattern buff! What you describe is not the fly pictured in Steelheader's Journal however

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts