Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Here are a few of my snaketruders, i have been fishing these for sea run browns. plus they fished well for me in BC.

Three in hand,

Showing how flexi they are,

Showing the loop of wire i tie them on, its Beadalon 0.24"dia the ones above i have a brass cone under the head hackle. to give the wight if needed,

Hope you like the ties,

Dai.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Cool beans! Does the wire come pre-looped or do you have to fasten it into a loop? Is the wire smooth enough so there are no worries about abrading your leader?

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Um yes!very cool!

Question, did the foul at all during casting or fishing?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Failtospey, no problem with wire catching back on leader, it is stiff enough to stop that. And used these for the last 4 / 5 seasons with out a problem and fish to 30lb,

·
Administrator
18,151 Posts
Very cool Dai !!
I've seen "snake" flies before , but not done like an Intruder , nice tying !!

Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
i really like these! and i checked out your blog and saw the sbs for the salmon snake, very similar and easy to get how to do these bad boys. thanks!

·
Undertaker
1,326 Posts
awesome really

I love intruders and yours are among the coolest I've seen - and I love the innovative use of beading wire as the entire shank of the fly. My only issue with intruders is losing them to the bottom. Probably takes me as long to construct one good intruder as it would take Adrian to pump out a butcher. But boy, do they ever catch fish.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts