Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be in Smithers doing some backcountry skiing, and was wondering if there is any fishing to be had in the rivers? My impressions are that many rivers will be frozen? I have never been up that way so curious what, if any river fishing is available, bull trout, possibility of steelhead?

I realize this is not prime season but would like to wet a line if possible. I'm open to driving further west as well.

Any input would help, PM or otherwise.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I hear you. I'm looking to get some powder under my belt, it's been a pretty low snow/warm winter in SW BC.

But I was hoping to wet a line somewhere.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Are you skiing Burnie Glacier? Oooohhhh, nice!
Why not hit the Kalum for steel then a ski day up Shames Mtn? Only 2 1/2 hours from Smithers.
Shames is beautiful, an amphitheatre of peaks. Awesome side country too.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to probably do a day at Hudson, then check out the Hankin Evelyn backcountry area, depending on conditions and avalanche danger.

The Shames mountain idea is good, ill try and do a day or two there as well. Ill bring my rod for sure.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty snowy here for sure. Ill probably go for a rip at Hudson's tomorrow, get a feel for the area. I'm not too worried about the fishing, but I brought my stuff just in case. Probably tough to walk to the river in Terrace right now...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts