Spey Pages banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, being a full time dad and a full time student i squirrel away money from the wife's meager paycheck to purchase odds and ends for my spey rod addiction.

a recent transaction has me very perturbed where a rod was "supposed" to be delivered Thursday, with Friday being the latest this present week. The whole transaction went smoothly until three days after i paid for the rod (last monday) and i sent the dude a PM asking if he shipped the rod to which he replied no. well i know that life can get in the way and was not upset at that fact. Now, monday comes along and i zip another PM to which he states that the rod will be at my house as noted above, though he did not mention that is was actually shipped.

now $415 dollars may not be alot to many people, however, to me it is a boatload of money that is not easily come upon.

so, this morning 14 jan 05, i delayed my fishing trip and get together with aaron to wait for the mail person to deliver said rod and it did not show. so i left for carnation and had a great visit with aaron who showed me how to tie a woven fly and how to tie on hackle tip wings. so getting back to the story, i fished for about an hour or so on the snoqualmie and dreamed of the rod that was hopefullty delivered by maybe one of the non US Gov't mail couriers. well, to my big surpise there was a big ole hunk of nothing waiting on my doorstep.

the few things i have sold here on this site and others as well, i made damn sure that the package was delivered in a reasonable time frame, at least the same week that the item was purchased. the kicker to this story is that the current home of the rod is in the portland oregon area and i am a meager 160 or so miles from there outside of tacoma. i know for fact, the usps will deliver in no more than 2 days to battle ground, wa and oregon for @ $17, ups a little more and the same for fedex.

has anyone else here had a bad dealing with buying from classified sections of any forum? or is it that i am really the prodigy child for murphy's law?

vinnie

·
FISHIN' FREELANCER
1,425 Posts

i've always had pretty good luck. had a couple that stretched the edge of "acceptable" but turned out o.k. in the end. as you suggest, it is a courtesy if not a responsability to ship something you've sold and been paid for in a timely manner.

classifieds are a big benefit to all who use them. i've bought gear located on them for years. starting to sell some in the last couple. good experiences for all. hang around anywhere long enough though and the law of averages comes into effect.

hope she's there on monday......... i know the feeling. SG

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Honestly I think you are being a little hard on the guy and to try and diss him on the forum is a little uncool. Delivery within the same week is not even a requirement on ebay. We are not all stay at home types and have work, life, etc. Having to wait a week or two should not be a big deal.

Patience is a virtue and if you have issuies with the guy keep it offline unless thier service is so horrendous that one needs to notify other members due to shifty behavior. In this case yeah the guy is a little slow but I am sure you will get the rod.

Are you getting the rod at less than retail? Is it a deal?

If so be happy cause I am sure you will get it soon and enjoy it for years to come.

-sean

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sean,

just speaking my mind dude and no ones name was mentioned so life will continue, i hope for all.

when something is promised to be delivered, would you not expect it to be delivered?

vinnie

·
Banned
161 Posts
Transactions times

Purchases on the classifieds can get a little sticky. I can think of a transaction on the Spey Clave transaction where the gentleman requested that I hold a highly deisrable rod until his payday. He was the first guy in ot the queue, although I did have 3 other anxious bidders.

When 'payday' arrives, I receive a PayPal transaction that has a 3-4 day hold. I wait the time (two weeks after the initial listing) and the guy starts giving me the ninth on when the rod willl ship and how long it will take.

Regardless, I have both bought and sold numerous rods and reels on this forum and will not let a single transaction change my opinion. I have met a few of the individuals and shared many a story. Overall my experience has been very positve.

Perhaps you should look at all sides and give this guy the benefit of the doubt.

jgs

·
Registered
646 Posts
Loophitech,
You are 100% justified in your frustration!

Customer service is neck and neck with product quality.

It is really a shame what happened. Simply a bunch of BS. Stop payment on your check, get your money back and let all of us know who screwed you over so we don't end up in the same boat.

Take care and sorry for the frustration you experienced.
Chris

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Customer service is neck and neck with product quality.
Dude this is a person to person deal. Shops and/or companies are not involved so the same standards cannot be applied.

My point is this is not the place to air these kinds of things. Talk to a moderator is you have a concern with another members behavior and we can take appropriate measures if needed. This board will not become a free for all to bash folks. We are all better than that.

End of story. Post locked.

-sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.